PDA

View Full Version : Steel & Aluminum suppliers

FM
08-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know any steel and aluminum suppliers that deliver to Live Oak, Florida?

Rustybolt
08-17-2004, 04:46 PM
What I can't get at the scrap yard I get from "Metals on line" Do a google search.

FM
08-17-2004, 04:56 PM
WE are not looking for scrap we are looking to buy quantities of misc types of steel and aluminum sheet and bar stock.

Forrest Addy
08-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Materials and idnustrial supplies lways start with the Yellow Pages of your home town or, next in order, your nearest large city. Give them a chance to serve you.

sandman2234
08-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Tull, Reynolds..(Diamond?)Oneil all will deliver.
Berman Brothers even sells some new steel and I know deliver to jax, though not much in Aluminun. I just called Gerome and he said they didn't but would for $1000 minimum purchase.
Airo in Orlando comes up this way.
Living in the sticks has it's advantages, but buying steel and aluminum isn't one of them.
Some of my inlaws live over there.
David from jax

Rustybolt
08-18-2004, 06:19 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FM:
WE are not looking for scrap we are looking to buy quantities of misc types of steel and aluminum sheet and bar stock.</font>

YOU didn't say that.

Castle Metals

Central Steel and Wire

Both have warehouses in N. Carolina and will ship. Both offer a wide range of steel and alum.

In Florida

USA Specialty Metals

Fisher Brothers Steel Corp.

FM
08-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks to all I found Ryerson Tull they have it all and deliver.

Lee
08-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Stricktly for posterity and the archives, I did use online metals at one time. They weren't perfect. I now buy my aluminum sheets locally, but I need steel sheets too. Small quantities and different guages and alloys or treatments. This place also has some decent prices on aluminum drops of different flavors. You have to buy $75 worth to keep from having to pay an $18 per peice handling fee. I have ordered from them twice so far with good materials, prices and delivery. I am refering to the Drop Zone at Yarde Metals.
http://www.yarde.com/index.html
This place might be worth a look.

------------------
Lee

ERBenoit
08-19-2004, 06:58 AM
FWIW, Yarde is the ONLY vendor that I buy material from. They stock aluminum, brass, copper, steel (carbon and stainless) in various alloys, in sheet, plate, rod, bar, tube and pipe. They also stock structural shapes in aluminum, steel (carbon and stainless). They stock standard and some odd sizes. They cut (saw, shear, flame, plasma and waterjet) to your size. They will also provide mill certifications as requested. They have several distribution warehouses, mostly in the northeast. I am located within 50 miles of their warehouse and corporate offices in the Bristol/Southington CT area. Their field representative for my region invited me to tour the facility if I am ever in the area. The next time I am, I will take him up on the offer. I am not a salesman, just a satisfied customer.

[This message has been edited by ERBenoit (edited 08-19-2004).]

sandman2234
08-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Didn't I mention Tull?
You will find that although they have it all, Alro out of Orlando has more than that, and usually cheaper.
David from jax

docsteve66
08-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Tull used to have a yard in Jacksonville fl.

Lake city has quite a few fabricators. I bet a visit one of them and dough-nuts (second visit) and they will direct you to the best local source near you. North of Lawtey on highway 301 is a bunch who had a good rep for delivery but quality may be spotty. Lawtey and Lake city are nearer you than Jacksonville.

sandman2234
08-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Tull still has a place here, over on Highway Avenue, where it has been for the 25 years or so since I first spotted it.
David from jax