X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 8ntsane
    • Aug 2004

Looking to find a used mill in toronto area

If anyone knows of a good deal on a used milling machine in the toronto canada area,Id like to hear from you. Let me know what you have. If you have any leads on any please let me know. Thanks

------------------
    Paul
    Paul
  • ibewgypsie
    • Dec 2002

Down heah in Georgia, a nice bridgeport w Kurt vise sold for $950 at auction yesterday.

We got a Wells-Index cnc extra. A lot more thou.

I got a truck. I have been going to auctions lately, getting service work on robotics and cnc equipment.

Last time I shipped anything to Canada they wanted the actual value in import fees.

FOR a local HSM'er we got him a Southbend 14 1/2 lathe for $400+40 buyers fee, He gave me $1000 to buy it. I thought he was going to hug me yesterday. The piranaha ironworker went for $6500.. Geeze.. and the steel stock racks went this time for wholesale prices.

About as much as cost at these auctions is the moving fees.. Several of the machines I bought yesterday they wanted $100 to load them on my truck. I guess today I will build a substantial aframe "Weird" style..

------------------
    David Cofer, Of:
    Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 08-20-2004).]

Comment

• Al Flipo
      • Sep 2003

All you have to do is dig around a little in the Toronto area and you’ll find more used mills then in most places.
      That used equipment publication (forgot the name since I left the area) it had dozens of deals. It depends on what you are looking for of course and how much you are willing to spend.

Comment

• shapeaholic
        • Mar 2001

Try:
        Mainway Machinery in Burlington
        www.mainwaymachinery.com

No connection other than a happy customer
        Pete
        Sudbury On.

p.s. know anyone who wants to buy a 9"SB lathe?

Comment

• 8ntsane
          • Aug 2004

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shapeaholic:
          Try:
          Mainway Machinery in Burlington
          www.mainwaymachinery.com

No connection other than a happy customer
          Pete
          Sudbury Ont

p.s. know anyone who wants to buy a 9"SB lathe?
          </font>
          Thanks for the link Pete
          They have a few used Enco mills on that site, and not to far from me. I allready have a lathe, but thanks again for your help.

Paul

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X