PDA

View Full Version : Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents.

Bob La Londe
12-25-2017, 02:29 AM
Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. Started out to be 8 of them. I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all very similar. Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't have enough time to make two more top pieces. Still I have enough for the most important people. They use either Parker refills or Fisher Space Pen refills. I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the ones to be given out as gifts.

http://tacklemaker.info/gallery/1_25_12_17_12_25_46.jpeg

3 Phase Lightbulb
12-25-2017, 02:46 AM
Some really nice patent plaques would make a nice gift for fellow inventors.

alanganes
12-25-2017, 10:54 AM
I like the simplicity of the design. These look like they will make great pens for toting around in a pocket, robust and simple but still substantial enough to actually write with. No doubt the recipients will love them.

Mike Nash
12-25-2017, 12:03 PM
Have you got plans for a pen with image stabilization, auto complete and spell check (that actually picks the correct word)? Can I just order one?

"Pennie, write a letter to Santa, requesting yourself for me, please."

Dan Dubeau
12-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Nice pens. This year was the first in a long time I didn't make anything for anybody. I've just been so busy the last couple months I didn't have time.

I make mechanisms like that once in a while for retractable net pins on checking fixtures and I add a small depression for the bolt to nest into when it's engaged. Might help if they starte to retract while writing.

It's gifts like that that will last a lifetime, and people will remember and use for ever. Nice job.

Bob La Londe
12-25-2017, 05:10 PM
That's not a patent. Its a trademark certificate. I didn't even realize I had laid the pens on it until I took the picture. I did not invent that pen style. I just roughly copied somebody else's design, and made my own plan.