• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arbo
    • Aug 2003

Paging: Paul Alciatore

Paul,

I must admit that I found some inspiration in your tool post design. (Yes, I'm copying ) I was wondering if you had conjured up a way to hold a parting blade. I have a few ideas, but I'm not certain that it'll work until I try it. I have several turning and facing holders made so far, and it seems to work well. I will be working on the parting holder, and a boring holder in the near future. Thanks in advance!!
    Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
  • Paul Alciatore
    • May 2002

Arbo,

Glad you liked it. Yes, I did draw a holder for a cutoff blade, but haven't had time to make it yet. It borrows from a design I did make for my Unimat. I've written up the whole project and submitted it to Neil for consideration. He seemed to like it. He asked for the pictures and drawings in their prefered format so I guess that's a sign that they will publish it. But I don't know where it might fit in his publication schedule. It does include the drawing for the cut off holder.

I will contact you off board on this.

As for the boring bar holder, I haven't done one because I already made a very simple one that's even more solid than the post. I will do one sooner or later, perhaps after the cut off. However, it should be very simple to design. The only thing I'm thinking about is that the boring bar should be at a similar angle to the square tools in order to minimize the need for rotating the post itself while working.

Paul A.
    Paul A.
    s
    Golden Triangle, SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

• Arbo
      • Aug 2003

Paul,

Thanks. I didn't mill the flat on the side of the post as you did. My reasoning was to be able to rotate a tool holder on the post to compensate for cutter geometry if necessary. I will post some pics of the project when I get some more tool holders completed.
      Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)

Comment

Working...
      X