PDA

View Full Version : Ot- mac os ?

rws
04-03-2018, 01:00 PM
I've been using El Capitan on my MacBook Pro and it has been fine. I get a notice that I can upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.4, so I did. It took me a while to find my old photos, but the biggest thing I notice is a definite lag when I click to open a website. Before it was almost instantaneous between click and loading the site, but now, there is 3 to 4 seconds of nothing before it starts to load.

I'm on Comcast Business internet, same as before. The only change was the upgrade. This doesn't seem normal.

RB211
04-03-2018, 01:50 PM
I've been using El Capitan on my MacBook Pro and it has been fine. I get a notice that I can upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.4, so I did. It took me a while to find my old photos, but the biggest thing I notice is a definite lag when I click to open a website. Before it was almost instantaneous between click and loading the site, but now, there is 3 to 4 seconds of nothing before it starts to load.

I'm on Comcast Business internet, same as before. The only change was the upgrade. This doesn't seem normal.

My MacBook PRO late 2013 model is still snappy. How old is your Mac? If itís long in the tooth, might be reaching its limits. But again, you went from El Capitan to the newest one, you skipped over a couple upgrades. Could be that for me it was such a gradual degradation of performance, I didnít notice, and with you making a large jump could much more easily tell the difference. Newer OSís are going to tax the hardware more, but on newer systems, itís not a concern.

DATo
04-03-2018, 01:50 PM
What browser are you using? If Safari try downloading Google Chrome for Mac and see if there is a difference.

rws
04-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Been using FireFox with both OS,s. When I got this, Lion OS was on it, then I up'd to El Capitan, and it wasn't my idea to do High Sierra. Had an upgrade window pop up and that's what it showed. It's just working slower, maybe I'll see if I can go backward.

JRouche
04-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Check to see that your security options have not changed. For example you might have had an option turned off before and with he new install it automatically installs the full boat of options. JR