Clear All
  • sid pileski
    • Apr 2001

update on radial engine

This completes the engine!

• Mr Fixit
    • Nov 2010

Sid,

It looks Great. Do you have a build post here on this or will you be posting a link to a off site posting, because it would be great to see the work, time and steps it took to get this done. How about an article for the HSM, I'm sure George would publish it!
    Anyway, Thanks for sharing.

TX
    Mr fixit for the family
    Chris

Comment

• sid pileski
      • Apr 2001

Originally posted by Mr Fixit View Post
      Sid,

It looks Great. Do you have a build post here on this or will you be posting a link to a off site posting, because it would be great to see the work, time and steps it took to get this done. How about an article for the HSM, I'm sure George would publish it!
      Anyway, Thanks for sharing.

TX
      Mr fixit for the family
      Chris
      I've contacted George. He was interested in it. I just have to get the text together for the mag. Fortunately, I took pictures along the way. Not something usually do.

Sid

Comment

• Weston Bye
        Contributing Editor
        • Jun 2002

Sid, are you planning for safety wire for the prop hub screws? Would add an authentic touch. The stainless bolt heads could be cross-drilled to accept the wire. Looks like a couple of them are loose. Otherwise, a great project.
        Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
        ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

• sid pileski
          • Apr 2001

Originally posted by Weston Bye View Post
          Sid, are you planning for safety wire for the prop hub screws? Would add an authentic touch. The stainless bolt heads could be cross-drilled to accept the wire. Looks like a couple of them are loose. Otherwise, a great project.
          Wes- I agree safety wire would look great. Those are #2s. Might be a bit of a challenge!

Comment

• Weston Bye
            Contributing Editor
            • Jun 2002

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
            Wes- I agree safety wire would look great. Those are #2s. Might be a bit of a challenge!
            Amazing! looks much bigger than that - like 5/16. A tribute to your machining and photography skills.
            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

• mixdenny
              • Feb 2005

I Like the double sided, high density diskettes! Haven't see those in a while. Very clean design. What does the copper tubing ring do?

Dennis

Comment

• sid pileski
                • Apr 2001

Originally posted by mixdenny View Post
                I Like the double sided, high density diskettes! Haven't see those in a while. Very clean design. What does the copper tubing ring do?

Dennis
                Yea, I was wondering if anyone would notice the disks. They are used in my Prototrak mill.
                The copper ring is he intake manifold for the cylinders.

Sid

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

How are you liking your Grizzly 96" tool chest..... youssuunavvaaaguun..

Edit: why did you cut the prop?

Comment

• sid pileski
                    • Apr 2001

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                    How are you liking your Grizzly 96" tool chest..... youssuunavvaaaguun..

Edit: why did you cut the prop?
                    The bench is great. No complaints about the quality.
                    The look I was going for is the engine on a test stand. I just happened to find that prop at my local hobby shop, and it was to large in diameter to clear the table. I may shorten it even more to make it look like a test prop ("club prop")

Sid

Comment

Working...
                    X