PDA

View Full Version : Big hydrauliclly powered syringe

Black Forest
07-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Today I started building a big syringe. The syringe is 300mm long and 52mm inside diameter. I will use a hydraulic cylinder to push the piston in the syringe. All the components are pretty much finished. Now I need to build the frame and the check valve that I will put in the piston face so I can withdraw the piston/plunger without sucking back the paste I am injecting. When I get it working I will post pictures and a video.

brian Rupnow
07-15-2018, 02:54 PM
I'm sure my family doctor had one that size when I was a kid and had to go for "a shot".---Brian

boslab
07-15-2018, 03:50 PM
That’s not a syringe that’s a mini extrusion press, change the needle for a die,
Mark

RichR
07-15-2018, 04:15 PM
Just what are you planning on doing to those poor sheep now?:confused:

old mart
07-15-2018, 04:25 PM
Ahh, The Black Forest Colonic Irrigation Service is in town.

boslab
07-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Thinking about it Milwaukee do a mastic gun that size, 18v, very good, hell of a squeeze, I used one with sausage packs fitting windows, I’m using a pump one now, not as elegant, are you going to make water wings for sheep?, or inflatable saddles.
( the local sex shop sells inflatable sheep, they don’t do refunds though, the shop opposite sells wellingtons too,)
Next will be RF welding vinyl I’m sure
Regards
Mark

tlfamm
07-15-2018, 07:20 PM
I'm sure my family doctor had one that size when I was a kid and had to go for "a shot".---Brian

Reminds me of my childhood doctor: big needles, sharpened at least once a year. Who could imagine one-time use micro-fine hypodermic needles?