PDA

View Full Version : new user

klla
09-09-2004, 01:47 AM
hey guys, new user
just an intro, dunno if its reqiured but its always polite and gives some reference as to who i am and where i`m coming from!
welding bius owner in the port~o~tampa doin a lot of maritime and comercial fab.
bought a WILSON 16x42 lathe as i always wanted this type of eqiup for my motorsports fabrication, and darned if i didnt come up with a chance to buy into a complete machine shop in the port w/owner financing!!!!most of the machine tooling will be sold to help come up with the ^$ downpayment on the shop[coupla turret lathes,3 huge radial drill presses,3 mills[1 w/turret head that i`ll keep] the shop has 3lots, 3000sq' of shop space and a cute[small]2bedroom house onsite! all LIGHT INDUSTRIAL ZONED![the biggest reason for buying in as my bizz has grown to the point where a commercial address ie reqiured before the yard~nazi`s [code enforcement] catch up to me!] been around machine tools all my life but could prolly count the # of hrs running them on 2hands and 1 foot! so be expecting a lot of newbie dumb-ar$$ed ? about procedures, etc. the focus of the shop wont be production machining or shop fab so much as i`v biult a pretty good bius out of the mobile aspect of fabrication.[not as easy as you might think to show up w/EVERTHING you need on a truck to competently make the customers hopes and dreams a reality!] including a link to my pic page so you guys can get an idea of what i do
http://community.webshots.com/album/51872821KYjlSY
thanx for taking the time to read this, i promise to be good[my humour is a bit off the wall, but rarely offensive]
joel r. atanasoff~ atanasoff engineering

Joel
09-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Welcome.
It sounds like a great opportunity, good luck!

CCWKen
09-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Good to have you on board. Wait 'til Ibewgypsy (David) sees those pics. He'll be drooling. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

I hope the new shop works out.

Ken

Nutter
09-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Nice bikes. I used to have a '67 BSA 250 CC. The model was something like B25 or C25. I sold it to a friend who said he was going to restore it. He got as far as dismantling it. Now it sits. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//frown.gif

I've always wanted a vintage Triumph with 2 cylinders instead of the one that my BSA had. I wish I had room for more stuff, becuase I might try to find one if I did.

klla
09-11-2004, 02:12 AM
thanx fer tha responce, guys.
nutter, go buy the 250 back! had a T25 [triumph`s version of the selfsame bike]
granted, the twins are LOTS easier to start and run signif. smoother, the singles still had lots of class!
cant go anywhere on one of these w/out drawing a crowd,from ole farts who want to tell me about being stationed in the UK during WW2[and squiring english lassies about the countryside on hired ENFIELDS and BEEZAS] to the "mature" bikers who remember when these bikes were the pinnacle of road going bikes![AND on the flatracks, and @daytona, and on the isle of man,,etc]
but the ones i REALLY like are the guys on the $25000 "billit barges"! you know the guys,same peeps who bought PORCHES in the 80`s, suburbans W/jet ski`s in the 90`s,and the aforementioned fat tyred "choppers" in the NEW MILLINEUM! the guys w/more $ in their "factory approved" MOTORCLOTHES [???]than my wife spent on her wedding gown [and it was ^$]. the guys who tell me that YOU CANT GET PARTS FOR THEM ANYMORE![hmmm, just bought a new clutch,plates,springs,basket,primary chain,bearings,thrust washer,tranny seal for the WHOPPING amount of $240, and it was put on the counter AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE!]
the guys who are amused by a bike that ONLY starts when you KICK IT!
the guys who think that a BRIT-BIKE will not run during darkness [the ole "lucas~prince of darkness" thing, a prob solved 30 yrs ago by the addition of a $40 IC rectafier/regulator unit!]
YUP! these are the guys i like~!

------------------
it never hurts to look
unless i`m welding!!!!