X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STEVEG
    • Sep 2018

No 1 Becker Milling Machine

I have a No 1 Becker Vertical Milling Machine. I think it was made in the early 1900's. Does anyone know what it would be worth and where I could sell it?
  • softtail
    • Mar 2008

I think this should be the start of the MachineryClassifiedsToo movement. Edge nor Ghecko will incur any losses.. and may (gasp) profit.

Lets see some pictures and give us a location.

Comment

• STEVEG
      • Sep 2018

. Ok. I'll add pictures tomorrow.

Comment

• STEVEG
        • Sep 2018

Location is Minneapolis.

Comment

• Glug
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by softtail View Post
          I think this should be the start of the MachineryClassifiedsToo movement. Edge nor Ghecko will incur any losses.. and may (gasp) profit.

Lets see some pictures and give us a location.
          I didn't know you had taken over ownership of the forum.

So you want people to join the site, with no history or reputation, just to post their for sale stuff? In short, you want to turn this into craigslist?

And you don't think that would impact the forum?
          Guru of no signature

Comment

• softtail
            • Mar 2008

I think a market place on the forum would be good.. always have.

Take it in the spirit it was given.

Comment

• reggie_obe
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Glug View Post
              I didn't know you had taken over ownership of the forum.

So you want people to join the site, with no history or reputation, just to post their for sale stuff? In short, you want to turn this into craigslist?

And you don't think that would impact the forum?
              How about the people who join so they can shotgun every likely forum with the same question. They often never post their result or even a simple thanks.

No reputation? You can ignore their For Sale post the same way you ignore a Fleabay seller with bad or no feedback.

Machines like the Becker need to be saved.

Comment

• adatesman
                • Jun 2010

Once again, for sale ads are not allowed here. George has been very clear about this.

Comment

• J Tiers
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by adatesman View Post
                  Once again, for sale ads are not allowed here. George has been very clear about this.
                  And has mentioned that pushing the issue may kill the forum entirely..... We'll soon see what you want to have happen.
                  CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                  Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                  Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                  I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                  Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

• STEVEG
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                    How about the people who join so they can shotgun every likely forum with the same question. They often never post their result or even a simple thanks.

No reputation? You can ignore their For Sale post the same way you ignore a Fleabay seller with bad or no feedback.

Machines like the Becker need to be saved.

Thanks Reggie This is not a for sale ad and This is exactly why I found this website and asked what this might be worth and how to sell it. It was headed to the scrap yard and I made them put it aside while I looked into it. If the consensus is that it is not worth saving, then I will scrap it. If it is of value to someone somewhere, then I would like to see it saved. Well over a 100 years old and still runs fine! So the question is scrap or save?

Comment

• Glug
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by STEVEG View Post
                      Thanks Reggie This is not a for sale ad and This is exactly why I found this website and asked what this might be worth and how to sell it.
                      BS.

The original text of your post was a blatant for sale advertisement. Disguising it after being called out does not change that fact.
                      Guru of no signature

Comment

• reggie_obe
                        • Jun 2004

Thanks Reggie This is not a for sale ad and This is exactly why I found this website and asked what this might be worth and how to sell it. It was headed to the scrap yard and I made them put it aside while I looked into it. If the consensus is that it is not worth saving, then I will scrap it. If it is of value to someone somewhere, then I would like to see it saved. Well over a 100 years old and still runs fine! So the question is scrap or save?
                        Post on PM. Someone in the antique machinery section over there would probably be interested in giving it a home.

Comment

• JRouche
                          • Aug 2004

BS.

The original text of your post was a blatant for sale advertisement. Disguising it after being called out does not change that fact.
                          +1 JR

Comment

• STEVEG
                            • Sep 2018

BS.

Sorry BS, that was a different post and I didnt know I wasnt supposed to do that. (JR) Sounds like I may as well send this to scrap which is fine, I just wanted some advice.

Comment

• adatesman
                              • Jun 2010

Sorry BS, that was a different post and I didnt know I wasnt supposed to do that. (JR) Sounds like I may as well send this to scrap which is fine, I just wanted some advice.
                              It’s only posted right on the front page, you were called out on it, then posted again. Totally understandable.

<eye roll>

“General
                              This forum reserved for general machining discussion. Off topic threads are allowed, but will be closed if they go too far off track or become too numerous. Please add “OT” to the title of any off topic thread. Discussions on religion, politics, or “For Sale” posts are not allowed.”

Comment

Working...
                              X