PDA

View Full Version : Russian innovation.

plunger
09-30-2018, 03:50 AM
Its amazing what these guys can get done. Wish I understood a bit of russian.Looks like you could learn alot from these you tube guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glAb9UwCvlc

flylo
09-30-2018, 08:58 AM
Love that high tech electric too.

Magicniner
09-30-2018, 09:09 AM
Looks like you could learn alot from these you tube guys.

Looks like Russian would be a good start! ;-)

CCWKen
09-30-2018, 09:14 AM
Just don't take any driving lessons from them. :D

wierdscience
09-30-2018, 09:31 AM
Love that high tech electric too.

From having ran a few Russian machinetools,having the door open on the control cabinet saves time;)

Black Forest
09-30-2018, 11:30 AM
From having ran a few Russian machinetools,having the door open on the control cabinet saves time;)

I resemble that remark! I have a Russian Stanko lathe. After the initial installation I haven't opened the control cabinet. It runs great and is quit accurate. It was built in 1970 and hasn't let me down in all the years I have owned it.

J Tiers
09-30-2018, 11:38 AM
Not sure about the "innovation". Seems to be a demonstration of scraping in the crosslide.

I do not see how they adjusted their reference plate on the spindle, the usual way to do the check of alignment vs the spindle is a little different, but that way can work. They went about the rest of the job in about the usual way. Scraping the top of the crosslide is perhaps because things beside the topslide assembly may be mounted there. I skipped through, so I may have missed them getting the top aligned with the bottom, which would be done if the items mounted to it need to be perpendicular.

Using what appears to be a scale/ruler as a shim for the gib is a bit different, but may be a handy source of a piece of constant thickness material. Shim stock, or feeler gage material would work also. Making a new gib works even better.

Using a "King-Way" device would have been more convenient for checking the crosslide ways for parallel and for alignment, but they may not know about that.

plunger
09-30-2018, 11:40 AM
I have fallen in love with his lathe. That looks like an incredibly stout machine for such a small footprint. He seems to have scraped the whole machine in ,bedways and all.But if you look at how he goes about it he understands getting geometry right. Not that I understand what he is saying.
But if you look at his automated plate roller to his jet plane the guy looks like he could be a genius of sorts.

danlb
09-30-2018, 12:30 PM
I like the fine tuning on his dial indicator holder. It appears to have a threaded shaft that runs the length of the cross piece.

MattiJ
10-06-2018, 01:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlEfeg_Dk7U

Another russian youtube channel with machining and machinery content.
Apparently CNC machines are not common around that corner of the continent as the guy is making literally hundreds of nuts and washers on a manual lathe.
But all the better for us home shop guys, ideas are more applicable than watching 1M usd cnc machining center running.

MattiJ
10-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Hint: you can turn on the automatic subtitles with translation on in the youtube. Sometimes its gibberish but often its lot better than engrish manuals on chinese machines!

Turning ball bearing bore to larger diameter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnSpXguV2K0

MichaelP
10-07-2018, 06:59 PM
This ball bearing boring video made me puke. :(
His first video, although ridiculously long for a single idea he gives (nut ejector), at least, doesn't cause any negative feelings.

But Igor Negoda, the Ukrainian guy in the OP, is really smart and able. I've seen quite a few of his videos: he is good at what he does.

MattiJ
10-07-2018, 07:28 PM
This ball bearing boring video made me puke. :(
His first video, although ridiculously long for a single idea he gives (nut ejector), at least, doesn't cause any negative feelings.

But Igor Negoda, the Ukrainian guy in the OP, is really smart and able. I've seen quite a few of his videos: he is good at what he does.

I think he commented it as his first experiment. Lots of comments also why someone would do that. (also suggestions to shove up MT6 center up your arse)
It looks like a real factory but he is toddling on some menial tasks. Location is Siberia so maybe parts availability is not that good. maybe he also works on kolkhoz :rolleyes:

MichaelP
10-07-2018, 09:00 PM
I think he commented it as his first experiment.
But why should one clutter the Net by filming and making it public? A strong desire to expose himself?

It's beyond me. Especially, considering that he is not an amateur and, hopefully, realizes what a ****ty job he has done.

maybe he also works on kolkhoz http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/images/smilies/rolleyes.pnghttp://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/images/smilies/smile.png Possible.

boroko
10-08-2018, 06:10 AM
Looked a bit into the rest of his YT page... way more than scraping in tables. Look for the one of him building a jet engine out of automotive turbo parts and then building and flying a (rather large) RC plane with it.
Pretty impressive. I had to turn on the closed captioning, not perfect, but it helped.

bo

plunger
10-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Yes this guy is super talented.You wonder how many other gems are hidden in homeshops around the world

BCRider
10-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Just don't take any driving lessons from them. :D

It's already well known that the simple act of buying and installing a dash cam acts like a magnet to idiots to flock to one's vicinity and crash into them or each other or commit other various acts of silliness. So I'm not sure we can blame the massive amount of Russian road madness directly on the people themselves.... :D

I don't know any Russian at all but I sure was gob smacked by the test indicator stand ! ! ! ! ! Not a whole lot of flex in that puppy ! ! ! !

MattiJ
10-08-2018, 12:15 PM
I don't know any Russian at all but I sure was gob smacked by the test indicator stand ! ! ! ! ! Not a whole lot of flex in that puppy ! ! ! !

Russian equipment is famous for overbuilding ..even if build quality was sometimes worse than modern Chinese.
(story goes that the factories had to meet their 10-year planned production quotas each year and production was measured in tons... so lets make 3 ton small lathe:D )