PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the Rules – Hardinge Tooling for Sale

George Bulliss
02-22-2019, 09:45 AM
One of our authors is downsizing and needs help in clearing out his shop. He has a good amount of toolholders and assorted Hardinge lathe tooling for sale.

Email me at gbulliss(at)villagepress(dot)com for more information. I can provide a link to photos of the items and can forward your email along to the seller.

BTW, I asked George and he said it was okay to post this.

A.K. Boomer
02-22-2019, 09:53 AM

That's all we needed to hear GB - as long as you cleared it with GB first then nobody's got a problem with it - just a sec, yup - just checked with AKB and he's cool with it too.

George Bulliss
02-22-2019, 10:01 AM
That's all we needed to hear GB - as long as you cleared it with GB first then nobody's got a problem with it - just a sec, yup - just checked with AKB and he's cool with it too.

Glad you are okay with it. Forgot to run it by you first and was worried.

A.K. Boomer
02-22-2019, 10:03 AM
It helps to have multiple personalities, as you already know lol Uhhg um Sir...

alanganes
02-22-2019, 09:00 PM
One of our authors is downsizing and needs help in clearing out his shop. He has a good amount of toolholders and assorted Hardinge lathe tooling for sale.

Email me at gbulliss(at)villagepress(dot)com for more information. I can provide a link to photos of the items and can forward your email along to the seller.

There is always that one guy who just has to push the envelope. Always.
Makes it tough for the rest of us.

Bob La Londe
02-22-2019, 09:31 PM
https://youtu.be/L397TWLwrUU?t=38

CCWKen
02-22-2019, 09:45 PM
Any hint as to where in the World the items are located? :rolleyes:

A.K. Boomer
02-22-2019, 09:47 PM
E-mail him Ken - try to get the right GB - the one the other GB talked too when setting this whole thing up...

George Bulliss
02-22-2019, 10:05 PM
The items are in SE Michigan. I've had a few people email me already.
I won't be checking email this weekend though, IT is upgrading things and I'm shut out until Monday.

JRouche
02-23-2019, 02:31 AM
Thanks George. I can use Hardinge Lathe tooling on some other small machines. Hardinge turret size was 5/8" ( I think). My lil emco is 5/8". JR

Alan Smith
02-23-2019, 06:05 AM
I think there were various turret tool sizes. I have some pukka Hardinge knee tools that are 1.00"

Black Forest
02-23-2019, 07:11 AM
Cool, George said he couldn't log on. Great. My for sale list.

One Palomino mare, 6 yrs.
Two bay mares 4 and 5
One old gray horse only good for salami!

Best offer.

Offer only good until George can log in again and boot my butt!

flylo
02-23-2019, 08:27 AM
Entire shop for sale and/or the farm. 64'x84'shop/hanger with 13' ceiling. #600 sf 1880s house, 8 BRs, 5 Baths, all oak & cherry trim, doors, built in buffet, book cases, fireplace with grstone chimney(a work of art), stone founation with poured concrete inside. 2 enclosed porches, one you can shoot the range from with 2 benches. Basement is 9' tall I'm 6'4" & never bumped my head. No drain or never a leak in the basement, no gutters. Rolling 40 acres with cabin & stocked pond at the rear of the farm. 2 grass airstrips, shooting range. Tons of dear my wife saw 30 this week at one time. Can only see one house & can't see any from the cabin/guest house. Mission/Craftsman style house with hip roof 4' overhangs. Wood cook stove ftom the lates teens still in new kitchen & working fine. 4 miles off I-94 & within an hour I can be in northern or NW Indiana, Holland, GR or at I-69.

Doozer
02-23-2019, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the link to the Hardinge stuff George,
but I did not see anything I need. I appreciate
it though. I have a 1920 Cataract QC lathe and
a later HLV-H, so I am always kinda looking for
Hardinge stuff. I hope someone else finds what
they need.

--Doozer

Bob La Londe
02-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Small goat herd available cheap. Lightly used.

Contact 1 (888) 666-2279

Black Forest
02-23-2019, 01:16 PM
Small goat herd available cheap. Lightly used.

Contact 1 (888) 666-2279

I had to look to make sure you were not from Scotland or I would have challenged your claim to lightly used!:cool:

MichaelP
02-23-2019, 03:37 PM
i had to look to make sure you were not from scotland or i would have challenged your claim to lightly used!:cool:

rotfl :):):)

Toolguy
02-23-2019, 07:29 PM
I had to look to make sure you were not from Scotland or I would have challenged your claim to lightly used!:cool:

"In the desert" might still be questionable. Far from any wimmen and no one ta see what yer doin'...

Paul Alciatore
02-23-2019, 10:00 PM
George, I always knew you were a nice guy. Feel free to pass that on to GB as well.

George Bulliss
02-23-2019, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the link to the Hardinge stuff George,
but I did not see anything I need. I appreciate
it though. I have a 1920 Cataract QC lathe and
a later HLV-H, so I am always kinda looking for
Hardinge stuff. I hope someone else finds what
they need.

--Doozer

Thanks for lettting me know Doozer.

A.K. Boomer
02-23-2019, 10:14 PM
"In the desert" might still be questionable. Far from any wimmen and no one ta see what yer doin'...

I did not think it was appropriate to get excited that way about goats, thought you saved that kind of "enthusiasm" for the sheep no?

RichR
02-23-2019, 10:24 PM
I did not think it was appropriate to get excited that way about goats, thought you saved that kind of "enthusiasm" for the sheep no?

Your thinking of Black Forest, he's the one who specializes in sheep restraints.

A.K. Boomer
02-23-2019, 10:34 PM
Your thinking of Black Forest, he's the one who specializes in sheep restraints.

IIRCC not just restraints but flipping them over on some sort of table?

Glug
02-24-2019, 08:22 AM
IIRCC not just restraints but flipping them over on some sort of table?

Wasn't the thing voice controlled? "Flippin sie!" Very baaaad.

RB211
02-24-2019, 08:35 AM

Good thing he is a German and not an Afghani.

Black Forest
02-24-2019, 09:46 AM
Good thing he is a German and not an Afghani.

OK you guys quit talking about me like I am not here. I am standing right here!

I am not German. I come from Texas but live in Germany.

A.K. Boomer
02-24-2019, 10:30 AM

OMG your right it was - along with various "positions" ???

RichR
02-24-2019, 11:24 AM
OMG your right it was - along with various "positions" ???

Who could forget those positions. There's Abwärtshund, der schubkarren, and something Black Forest likes to refer to as wiener schnitzel zeit.

Black Forest
02-24-2019, 12:01 PM
You guys can make fun of me and my machine and my bad German. It's OK. I can take it. Don't worry about my feelings. But you all wait. One day I am going to grow up and be rich and famous....then we'll see who gets that last laugh!

George Bulliss
02-25-2019, 01:25 PM
Update for those who inquired:

I've passed your names and email addresses along to Ernie and he should be contacting you when he returns from his vacation.