PDA

View Full Version : My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group-closing

JRouche
04-05-2019, 02:05 AM
I have started the movement of all the yahoo groups (pic, files, mess) over to the .io group. Bridgeport Mill.

Anyway. The .io system looks nice and clean.

Issue? Yeah. I didnt pay the hundred bucks for the year long service. The other Gentleman did.

I would never pay for a hosting service. JR

P.S> Oh? If you are a member of the old yahoo site and get an email from the new site it is legit. JR

Mcostello
04-05-2019, 09:50 PM
It now has one more subscriber.

JRouche
04-06-2019, 02:08 AM
It now has one more subscriber.

Funny. You have been there from basically day one. I like that.

I think that new platform will work. Till the adverts come flying in!!!

Kidding. I wish the best. JR

JRouche
04-06-2019, 02:17 AM
On a side note I was not trying to promote my site. It is no longer my Bridgeport mill site.

I just moved all the info over to the .io site.

All pictures and files included. All Manuals also.

If something like a pic or file didn't get migrated over talk to the folks at the io page. Not me :)
JR

jmarkwolf
04-06-2019, 10:06 AM
How about a link to this new site?

JRouche
04-06-2019, 06:14 PM
How about a link to this new site?

Yeah. I did kinda screw that up huh :) JR

https://groups.io/g/BridgeportMill/topics

Danl
04-06-2019, 10:44 PM
I inquired last November in the Yahoo Clausing Mills and Lathes group if there was any interest in moving over to groups.io and you'd have thought it was the end of the world.

Comments followed:, "what's in it for you?", what will this cost us?", and one of the best, "if this groups moves over there, I will quit altogether!"

So after all the shouting died down, all was quiet there until you released your Yahoo group to move over to groups.io. The Clausing thread started up again after that move within the last couple weeks. I was glad to see the move over from Yahoo recently, and tickled that it went so smoothly.

Maybe they are completely happy over in Yahooland, but more and more groups are moving away from Yahoo, due to lack of support. Ironically the Yahoo Clausing group is smaller than the new BridgeportMill group, after the move, which has 500 or so more members in it.

Oh well. I've let it go, after raising the issue a 2nd time in 4 months. :)

Dan L

Alec
08-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Does anyone make a collet chuck for the
M-Head with the 7B&S taper ?
Thank You
Alec Ryals

Danl
08-17-2019, 05:43 PM
Thank You
Alec Ryals

Alec, you need to ask this over in https://groups.io/g/BridgeportMill, since it has moved from Yahoo months ago and there is no activity there any longer.

Dan

JRouche
08-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Thank You
Alec Ryals

I dont know. My M-head has a MT2 I think. JR

old mart
08-18-2019, 09:57 AM
The Yahoo group for Smart and Brown lathes is free so far, but there was talk of a new group starting up, I have not heard any more about them.
If they start charging, I will leave straight away.