PDA

View Full Version : gatling gun

Gus
11-03-2004, 11:48 AM
I am considering building a 22 caliber gatling gun. There are two sets of plans advertised - RGG & D&E. Has anyone had any experience with either. I would appreciate all comments and advice.
Ev Young
gusandev@softcom.net

Jeffery71
11-03-2004, 12:44 PM
There has been some talk about this over on the chaski forum.... I think they decided the one was more practicle for actually shooting and the other was a very nice replica.

Do a search for Gatling Gun under Gunsmith foum.

Jeff

ibewgypsie
11-03-2004, 05:54 PM
If it wasn't against the law, imagine a mini-gun in 22 caliber.. Whoo hoo.. I read a site once that the first mini gun was just a gatling gun they cut a square hole in a pulley and replaced the crank with a pulley, bought all the black powder ammo they could find in that caliber and turned it on, it unloaded without malfunctioning.
I am interested too in the plans. I got a lot on the burner now thou. I am watching the final word.. post it please if you figure it out.

David

------------------
David Cofer, Of:
Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

Tinker2
11-03-2004, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
I am interested too in the plans. I got a lot on the burner now thou. post it please if you figure it out.

Same same
I think I would like one in 12 gauge too

meho
11-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Hummm...A 12ga. Gatling gun. Totally new concept! Now that I would like to see and shoot.

ibewgypsie
11-03-2004, 07:45 PM
I saw a belt fed shotgun once.. It was made with a remington 1100.. It was made by a old machinist. He had a sparkle in his eye.

A shotgun is really a devastating weapon, so much so the geneva convention outlawed its use in Warfare. Amazing to me, a machinegun is allowed but a shotgun is not.

My uncle was in WW2 germany, according the the "drunk" story he was there when the Nazis opened the back of a van-truck and let the Doberman pinchers out. The dogs were really hard to hit running toward the troops and made quite a pyscological impression. Later in the week they issued shotguns for the dogs. The people holding the shotguns were told not to use them against enemy soldiers. They didn't of course listen.

David

George Seal
11-03-2004, 07:58 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gus:
I am considering building a 22 caliber gatling gun. There are two sets of plans advertised - RGG & D&E. Has anyone had any experience with either. I would appreciate all comments and advice.
Ev Young
gusandev@softcom.net</font>

EV
I have started D&E's gatlin gun.
He has redrawn the plans and they are nice.
with new set of plans you get plans for drum magazine that holds 224 rounds.Just MHO

------------------
George
Remember the early bird gets the worm, BUT it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

chkz
11-03-2004, 10:05 PM
I like the 12 ga idea.....on a tripod....woohoooo

meho
11-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Hi Dave,

I to don't understood the Geneva Conventions ruling on the shotgun or .50cal thing.

Like I would rather be shot at with a MK19 (belt fed 40MM). NOT!

Shot is shot in my book and I will pass on that one.

James

PSD KEN
11-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Shotguns were used in 'Nam.

meho
11-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Shotguns were used in Nam.

In 1977 article 35 was adopted under the Methods and Means of Warefare under the 1st. protocol of the Geneva Convention.

Shotguns, .50cal's and such are deemed as causing unnessary injury.

James

IOWOLF
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Like being shot any time,with any thing, is necesseary.

I suppose, in wartime.

Rustybolt
11-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Dave. That was the Navy department. The borrowed a gatling gun from the Smithsonian and literally put a washing machine motor on it.

ibewgypsie
11-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Rusty..
I thought I remembered it being GE. I'd like to read it again, do you remember where?
Lots of my brain has been formatted/deleted since then.

David

Rustybolt
11-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Dave. I think I got it from "Small Arms of The World" one of the editions from the 70s. If that ain't it then I don't recall.
Memory is a terrible thing to lose. Especially when no drugs or alchahol is involved.

ibewgypsie
11-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Ever see the video of "puff the magic dragon"

Computer targeting to provide close ground support has been added so I have been told. Click onto the target and circle until target quits moving, living, be recognizable. Gatling guns inventor never recieved the credit. Watts? what was his name?

David