PDA

View Full Version : A worthy import?

Elninio
11-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Check out this model lathe on busybeetools.com B2227L

It is a geared head lathe from busybee, just the right size that im looking for, the head is hardened gears submerged in oil (oil filled head) Very sturdy and the perfect candidate for cnc?

Ive also seen it in person, its bigger than the picture shows. Its like the smaller model of CT042 , also from busybeetools.com

Any comments???

CCWKen
11-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Yea, just one comment. Why all the press for busybee? This is third post in the last hour. You work there or just love thier junk?

Elninio
11-07-2004, 09:22 PM
I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess its because its the only store thats in ontario that sells new and small stuff!!! i just like their lathe, the rest is crap or half-crap

BillH
11-07-2004, 10:39 PM
If your going CNC, I think the consensus would be to look for an obsolete CNC bridgeport that has all the ball screws and what not already, and simply update it to work with Mach2.
El Ninio, your obviosly a brand new newbie. Few years ago I was where you are now, and please, slow down first, think very hard what you want to do, and ignore all the impulse idea's you have. Your full steam ahead into a brick wall.