PDA

View Full Version : OT - Happy 229th Marine Corps!

GunnySnow
11-09-2004, 12:09 PM
November 10th is the 229th Birthday of the United States Marine Corps

Semper Fi to all who have or are still serving.

GunnySnow

andypullen
11-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Happy Birthday and many grateful thanks for your service.

Andy Pullen

jfsmith
11-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Gunny,

Semper Fi!!!!!

Jerry

Ben Diss
11-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Ur-rah!

Al Messer
11-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Semper Fi, Gunny, and THANKS!!

wierdscience
11-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Many thanks to all Marines,past,present and future!!!

Guero
11-10-2004, 09:20 AM
While in the USAF (10 years, eight months) I never served on an Air Force Base but was always "jointly deployed", working with all services. On one tour of duty I was fortunate enough to be included as a member of a Marine pistol competition group (I was the only non-Marine in the group). Those were fun days. After leaving the USAF and working at our various embassies/consulates overseas I have always known taken pleasure in getting to know the Marine embassy guards and have been blessed by becoming good friends with many of them. And then there was the time I was infuriated when our weenie ambassador in Mexico, Jeffrey Davidow, apologized to his Mexican guests at the Marine Corps Ball for the opening verse of the Marine Hymn... "From the halls of Montezuma..." But then Davidow, like many of our current ambassadors, is a globalist, not a patriot. Happy birthday USMC.

billr
11-10-2004, 11:19 AM
good morning.

i didn't know anyone else kept up with things like this.

gunnysnow, when/where were you there? i knew some canadian guys when i was. [a long time ago]

peace.

corporal bill

GunnySnow
11-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Hello Bill,

I am an Amercian now living in Canada actually, my wife is a MD who I met in a VA hospital after the first Gulf War.

One thing led to the next, we fell in love and she persuaded me to come to Canada, I have had no regrets being here ever since.

Two very beautifull children and lots of space. I cant complain!

Gunny

Semper Fi