View Full Version : question for someone from across the pond!

11-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Got your attention didn't I? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif
Ok, now the question. I have a 6inch 4 jaw chuck for my 9 inch southbend lathe, and someone before I got it replaced on of the jaws. The name on the chuck is "THE PRATT CHUCK" MADE IN ENGLAND Is there someplace that I can get new jaws for this chuck, or are they priced right off this planet?
Thanks Jim
PS there are numbers stamped on it, could be model number? KH397

[This message has been edited by shaque (edited 11-11-2004).]

11-11-2004, 01:01 PM
I don't know for sure about your chuck, but I priced new jaws for a 3"(75mm) Pratt Burnerd chuck and they were 190.00/set. That's just for one set of outside jaws. They're very nice chucks but parts are a little pricey!

11-11-2004, 02:25 PM
I can imagine what it would cost for a 6 inch, oh well it was a thought. Wait a minute, maybe there is someplace where I can get used at a reasonable price. I will have to wait and see if there are any other posts on this subject. Thanks for the heads up.
Jim http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

Paul Gauthier
11-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Some time back there was apost about a company that repairs/rebuilds chucks, can't remember the name but might be a place to check out.

Paul G.