View Full Version : I need this...

hoffman
11-11-2004, 09:08 PM
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=478941&convertTo=USD

------------------
Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga

gundog
11-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Wow there is some real cool stuff in that rig. I would feel like a kid at a candy store going through that thing.
Mike

vinito
11-11-2004, 10:28 PM
I'll take two.
Man that's depressing. I'm sure they put that trailer together in 1/10th the time I've been building my shop up, and it's 10 times better equipped (at least for the lathe)
You know, if I could spend tax dollars on assembling my own mobile shop, it would probably be bigger & better, and I would use it up. You wouldn't see me auctioning it off for pennies on the dollar.
You gonna bid on it, Hoff?

HTRN
11-11-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm surprised that no racing teams haven't bid on this yet. More and More of them have trailers set up as mobile machine shops.... There's at least one Drag Racing team that totes around a Haas Mini Mill every time they go to race..

HTRN

Elninio
11-11-2004, 10:41 PM
No welders?

alcova
11-11-2004, 10:57 PM
yes, it has a Hobart welder with 4 hours on it

Michael Az
11-12-2004, 12:28 AM
I was looking at that auction earlier today. Looks like a good deal for somebody. They are always 1500 miles away from me though.
Michael

sandman2234
11-12-2004, 07:17 AM
Probably get it moved 1500 miles very cheaply since there would be no loading/unloading time for the driver.
david from jax

Guero
11-12-2004, 09:06 AM
I hope the government recoups some of the tax dollars spent on that mobile shop. In my overseas assignments I have often seen our tax dollars at work and all too often working for the political/military elite in countries like Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, etc. While in Honduras I used to visit a training shop built and equipped by us tax payers. It was run by a US Army Senior Warrant Officer and consisted of two brand-new buildings, directly modeled on the Army's machine training buildings at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland. There was $6 million worth of machining equipment inside the buildings, according to the Warrant Officer. Not much in the way of training was going on, since a person needs to be able to read, write, and have a certain amount of math skills in order to learn machining skills. Honduran Army enlisted guys as a rule are quite illiterate and join the Army because it provides them "three hots and a cot". The officers come from the upper class and they would bring in private sector machinists to do private jobs for them - nifty gizmos for their $45,000 SUVs or custom gunsmithing. The Warrant Officer was pretty depressed - this was his assignment in the Military Assistance Group and nobody up the chain of command wanted to hear anything which might reflect negatively on the program. The Warrant Officer told me the whole thing should be shut down and the equipment sold on the open market.