PDA

View Full Version : Did I screw up? (Ebay ?)

torker
11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
This morning I sat and watched a BPI mill in Ontario sell for $253 Cnd. No info on the seller...was supposedly a machinery dealer. Very little info on the mill also. Year it was made(1975) and it said "Head needs work....runs smooth" I watched this for 6 days....there where 11 bids. It went from $100 USD to the selling price very slowly...like $20 to $30 at a time over the 6 days. Was I too cautious on this thing or did I miss an obvious screamin deal? This is the Canadian Ebay...usually things like this are a bidding battle. Do you think everyone was being cautious of this "dealer"? Thanks.
Russ

Michael Az
11-10-2004, 05:47 PM
You never know. I would imagine the "Head needs work", put off most fellows. At least give the fellow credit for mentioning that. I am sure there is a lot of junk machines out there touted as great condition. Only way to be sure is to know the seller or inspect it your self.
Michael

torker
11-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Michael...I darn sure would have went to see it if it wasn't a 3 day drive just to get there! I sure do hope someone actually got it for that. there's gotta be that much just in parts. Or maybe the guy took pics of a mill at a real dealer and was selling a picture. Only two guys know for sure what happened there.

Dee Reel
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Russ,

I probably would have taken a serious look at that.

If the head needed work and it was just a little noise, it could have been just a belt. Or maybe a vari disc or bearing, bushings, etc...

But one never knows.

I know here in the U.S. it would have been a steal!

Dee

Elninio
11-12-2004, 10:23 PM
i've seen it too but i just turned away, such a low price isnt it kind of suspicious. i sent him an e-mail of what kind of work i dont think i got a reply, im not sure, but i probably would have remmeber

torker
11-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Dee...Thanks as usual! Too late now I guess!
Elninio...That machine was right in your backyard...You should have jumped all over it.