PDA

View Full Version : J&L Supplies(UK) Bait and switch

Allan Waterfall
11-17-2004, 05:42 AM
On Monday I ordered some things from J&L supplies.

Part of this was a 25 ltr drum of Castrol hydraulic oil which was in their latest "Advantage" flyer for £28.60.When I phoned my order in I was informed that that stock had gone and the new stock was dearer,but I could have it at £29.02.

Yesterday the order arrived,some files had to be sent back at my expense,the advert didn't make it clear that they were all bastard files except one.When I came to check the oil I found that it had been supplied in a 20 ltr drum and not 25 ltr as per their flyer.

When I queried this I was told it was the fault of Castrol for supplying it to them in 20 ltr drums and J&L could do nothing about it to put it right,they seemed to have the attitude that it was anyones fault but theirs that the quantity advertised was more than the quantity supplied and delivered.

This is the first time I've ever had a bait and switch worked on me,but I know J&L will not now get any more orders from me.

Allan

J Tiers
11-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Didn't know they were over there also...

I quit dealing with them when they closed their regular store here. Just couldn't get used to paying the (large amount of) shipping that used to be "free".

Same catalog price, now with shipping added...The other guys are just as good if not better. What is the reason for J&L anyhow?

aboard_epsilon
11-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Did you not phone Caldo oils Allan
all the best...mark

Allan Waterfall
11-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi Mark,

Yes I phoned him Monday morning,he seemed a good bloke to know.The carriage killed an order with him,but he seemed willing to give good advice.

I mentioned that you had given me his name,he says he'll get you for that. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Thank again,Allan