PDA

View Full Version : fonts

ashuford
11-13-2004, 07:33 AM
I have a cnc plasma cutter and have just finished a cnc router. I need to find a stick type font for router. Does anyone know where I can find such an animal? Luberth.com shows some he uses but I can't determine how he got them.

Thanks,

Dick Shuford

sandman2234
11-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the boards Dick!
Surely somebody will be able to pick up on what your talking about " stick type fonts" and let you know where to get it. I should ask if you emailed the guy to ask him where he got it at. That is such obvious, that you probably already did, and he ignored you, just like everybody on this board seems to be doing.
Maybe they don't understand your cajun dialect?
Let me know if that transformer made it to you alright, so I can leave feedback for the seller. I appreciate your help with that project.
Hope you enjoyed the cane grinding over in Texas this weekend.
David from jax

------------------
Have gun, will travel.

threeboys
11-13-2004, 11:03 PM
If I am thingking correctly you should be looking for a "Moorpark" font. Maybe this will help in an internet search.

ashuford
11-17-2004, 07:59 PM
I am sorry that I have not been back with you on the Moorpark Font. I have been away for several days. I did locate the font and downloaded it. It first appeared to be exactly what I was looking for. However after making some text in Corel Draw and vectoring it, I find that the vectored (exported DXF File) will not convert to the correct G code. There may be something that I am missing. If so, please let me know. Thanks, Dick Shuford

Tinker2
11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Deskam.com has a free program called :
Desk Engrave

Turn your True Type fonts into G-Code or DXF and engrave your text projects.

I have used this. It works well and it is free It has a stick type font with it.
Plus it will use any True Type fonts already on your PC. Try this you will like it.
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

ashuford
11-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I think the deskengrave will do exactly what I was hoping for.

Regards,

Dick Shuford

spope14
11-18-2004, 09:29 PM
To add my two cents in. I have MasterCam that uses Truetype fonts. The same idea as desk engrave and such. One hint would be to get more fonts for your computer database. Any office supply store, wally world or such usually has those "font" CD's in one of those "cheap CD" software racks. I spent $15.00 on three different ont disks. Though many are repeats, I could still come up with about 350 new fonts out of the three all said and done, which was really good. You do NOT have to download them all to hard ive, most allow you to pick and choose for your library or the application at hand.

ibewgypsie
11-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Deskengrave, I don't know where I downloaded all the fonts from (there is about 40 on this puter).. I am fixing to engrave a sign for my eave of the new addition..

David