X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suomi
    • Sep 2003

kearney trecker

where can a person find a good history on kearney & trecker horizontal mills, and are they related to the milwaukee brand. a machinist friend of mine gave me a call the other day saying he is selling off all of his machines due to health reasons, and he asked me if I would like to purchase anything, well I mentioned the old Milwaukee mill. All I know at this moment is it has a universal table, double overarm, medium size mill, he said it has a NS30 taper (same as my vertical) the mill looks like it was origanally line shaft driven, but has a original looking electric drive on it. any idea where the serial number is on this machine to ID it further.
    thanks MIke
  • beckley23
    • Sep 2003

K&T and Milwaukee are one and the same. Serial numbers were stamped on the column, front of the knee and several other places.
    Harry

Comment

• suomi
      • Sep 2003

thanks for the info beckley. I went and looked at it today it has power feeds in all axis, universal table and coolant pump, it also comes with a pile of cutters a spare arbor, and a slotting attachment, it is a milwaukee model 2BS rpm range on it is 15-354 RPM it runs nice and quiet and seems nice and tight. the asking price on it is $450.00 seems like a good deal what do you guys think?
      Does anyone out there know of a web page with info on this machine?

Comment

• andy_b
        • Aug 2003

it will probably be difficult to find info on your specific machine, but the basics of all the horizontal mills is pretty similar. i would keep looking for any info on any K&T horizontal mill from the general period yours was built and of a similar size. that is probably the best you can hope for. you can also try contacting K&T directly (or whoever owns them now). i'd say if all the ways seem tight, that isn't a bad price for that machine.

andy b.
        The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

• Jesse168
          • Sep 2004

Go to www.google.com and type in
          kearney & trecker Mills there is a lot of imformation there.
          Living By the Square and On the Level

Comment

• suomi
            • Sep 2003

thanks for the info guys
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X