X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alistair Hosie
    • Aug 2002

happy new year when it comes

Now that Christmas is just barely behind us may I wish everyone a happy and peaceful new year for 2005.Alistair Happy machining.
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease
  • WJHartson
    • Oct 2002

Alistair, Happy New year to you and everyone else on the board. We have some friends due in tomorrow from Scotland. Can't wait to see them. Don't think he will be wearing his kilt.

Joe

Comment

• ibewgypsie
      • Dec 2002

If'n you were here, I'd put on the Scottish drinking songs.. Some in Gaelic.. Some bespeak of the home you talk about there. Of a long tall soldier who looked like a telephone pole.

I sure got a lot done today in my shop. I wish ya was closer I'd give you about 30 plates to turn on your lathe. I am building a laminate roller. I got most the plates square cut out today. Not sure if I am going to try to part them all out on the lathe or spin-cut them again with a torch. I got hours and hours of work to do.

By putting a small harbor freight indexer under the toolpost, you can cut round indentions in steel stock bolted to a faceplate.. pretty neato? You can build a pipe bender in about two hours.

David..

Oh yeah, Happy New year.. From the Cofers and Butch too.

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 12-29-2004).]

Comment

• Alistair Hosie
        • Aug 2002

Some bespeak of the home you talk about there. Of a long tall soldier who looked like a telephone pole.

David I know him personally
        have a nice one.
        Incidently I have a complete set of butchershop runners here with bearings the type you are looking for,if you were only nearer I would give you most of them for free
        Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

• Guero
          • Jan 2003

Happy New Year to you Alistair and to all on this board.

Comment

• ibewgypsie
            • Dec 2002

Alistair:
            I have about 200' of roller chain. Thanks anyways, but you cut the chain into 2 foot long pieces add a spreader and it will support probably a thousand pounds. My ceiling is not that strong. I have been riding back and forth in the Smelter car-port.
            I wanna hang a punching bag so bad out there. When you kick it, it runs to the end slams, them comes right back at you as fast as you kicked it. If your second kick is not timed and planted well it knocks you on your bumm. I had one on my I-beam in my old shop.

As a carpenter, I am a real good electrician by the way.

I think the manner in which I built the roof thou it is strong, two 2x8's w/plywood between them making a 5'tall wooden Ibeam. W/staggered joints on the wood side to side. I knocked the whole end out of my building and it didn't fall, just sat there rocking in the wind. I replaced the wall before the druggies cleaned me out.

Carrol is Home with "FOOD" They have this Mo's southwest grill, A burrito the size of MY leg. Gotta run, I missed lunch.

David

Comment

Working...
            X