PDA

View Full Version : For the electronics oriented......

J Tiers
01-14-2005, 04:42 PM
At work, I have for years used a circuit simulation program known as ICAP, from Intusoft. A long time ago I bought a simplified version to use at home as well.

The price of the program has been going up. However, now they seem to have have a new much lower cost version available.

I have NOT used this version, and I am in no way associated with Intusoft, other than as a happy customer. But, for those with an interest in circuit simulation, but not the budget to go with it, here is a chance. Price isn't bad at all.

I can say that the ICAP program I use (the full version including Magnetics Designer) has yet to lie to me. I have had most of the other ones "tell dirty lies" about the circuit. I doubt they have significantly changed the "engine", mostly it seems they have changed the peripheral functions and extras.

For what its worth, here is a link.
http://www.intusoft.com/nlhtm/nl75.htm#ICAP4_Consumer_is_Here

nheng
01-14-2005, 04:51 PM
I received their newsletter for a number of years but actually went with Pspice (way back). For the last 5 years, I've been running TopSpice by Penzar Development. It is unlimited and $245 for the full package.

The Intusoft package is limited to 100 components, surprising that it is not node limited instead as 100 components is not much, especially when you drop a few models in there. 100 nodes would have made it more attractive.

Intusoft gets an "A" for effort in my book, though, for their newsletters and models diskettes (CDs now??). Den

3 Phase Lightbulb
01-14-2005, 06:07 PM
I've been using Protel since '96 and it basically does everything. It supports mixed-signal Spice3f5/XSpice simulations and has something like 15,000 integrated libraries with 60,000+ fully simulated components. It fully simulates your FPGA designs as well. Protel does basically everything from hierarchical schematic capture, very good autorouting, signal integrity analysis, and it even has a decent PCB layout wizard that shows you a 3D view of your finished board fully populated.

-3Ph

dvk
01-15-2005, 12:47 AM
I play around with Multi-sim student version,
I design all circuits using discreet components I like the challenge of desinging complex circuits using transistors and stuff.