PDA

View Full Version : NAMM attendees?

mikem
01-18-2005, 12:45 PM
One last chance to see if anyone else would like to meet at NAMM (National Assn of Music Merchants) in Anaheim this weekend. jtiers responded to this the last time I asked. Anyone else interested? We could meet at the Grizzly Booth at a certain time or meet for breakfast Friday or Saturday morning or? Sometimes musicians are more conscious at night and would rather meet for dinner? How about a nickel and dime poker game? Thanks--Mike.

Techtchr
01-18-2005, 01:20 PM
No, I won't be going. I haven't been to one since I lived in Elkhart. Use to go to NAMM when it was held at McCormick place in Chicago. I was kinda scratching my head wondering why Grizzly would be there then I remembered the connection with guitars.

I'd be interested to know the % of foreign and domestic makers that are there. I have friends in the Band instrument industry in Elkhart, and they are hurting badly due to the foreign competition. Use to be the foreign instruments were junk, but now many makers have some pretty good products.

Matt

[This message has been edited by Techtchr (edited 01-18-2005).]

J Tiers
01-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Daytime probably best, evenings are usually out with the sales folks, etc.

BTW, if you like microbrew and good food.....Belmont Brewing Co is the place.

Foreign vs Domestic? How to tell?

The last couple years the chinese took over the small booth hall down in "E". And they are upstairs too. Mostly electronics, but other things as well.

Hard to tell, because so many of the other manufacturers sub out stuff, or have it made by one of the chinese companies anyhow.

J Tiers
01-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Mike....

Most folks will be there , if at all, over the weekend.

I'll drop by the Griz booth at noon Saturday. That's as conspicuous a place as any.

So if you are there then and see a somewhat bald-headed guy from Ampeg with a name badge reading "Jerrold Tiers" that's *probably* me!

Hopefully some others will have time and be there also.

mikem
01-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Noon, Saturday, at the Grizzly Booth, it is! I will have a Columbus Music badge on. We had sold Ampeg at one time many years ago. Hope to see you there. Thanks--mike.