X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A.K. Boomer
    • May 2006

O.T. Tire speed ratings

WTF is going on in this world? for one she's exceeding the wagons tire speed rating by three times the amount...

Poor kids - 30mph in a plastic toy wagon with "crazy Mom" at the helm, "just wanted to show the kids a good time" --------- on a busy highway...

Our world is self destructing... Lock this nutjob up.

• Willy
    • Oct 2005

Wow, thanks for the link AK.

Absolutely incredible but unfortunately totally believable. I'm always amazed at the level of stupidity demonstrated daily by our species.
    Unfortunately these people breed, drive, and vote.
    I'd like to see if her attitude would change if the kids had the keys to the car and she was strapped into that toy wagon. LOL
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• wierdscience
      • Jan 2003

Never mind the kids,I want to know who's bright idea it is to start blighting the landscape with traffic roundabouts?
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• kendall
        • Sep 2006

Wow, when I was a kid, I had to hide from mom to do stupid stuff!

Comment

• SteveF
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
          Poor kids - 30mph in a plastic toy wagon ..................
          Um, that's 30 mph according to a single, completely anonymous, unvetted "witness".

According to the mom, she was only going 5 mph which is SLIGHTLY above walking speed.

But if the journalist puts in a completely unverifiable "witness" with a mention of a 30 mph speed, (plus the absolute terror of being up on two wheels) well now the story goes viral, the web page gets thousands of hits, the advertising revenue racks up and the "journalist" gets a performance bonus.

BTW - don't get me started on the state of today's journalism.

Steve

Comment

• Willy
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            Um, that's 30 mph according to a single, completely anonymous, unvetted "witness".

According to the mom, she was only going 5 mph which is SLIGHTLY above walking speed.

But if the journalist puts in a completely unverifiable "witness" with a mention of a 30 mph speed, (plus the absolute terror of being up on two wheels) well now the story goes viral, the web page gets thousands of hits, the advertising revenue racks up and the "journalist" gets a performance bonus.

Steve

Yeah no doubt a one sided slam against an otherwise clear headed mother only looking to give her children a bit of a thrill on a warm summer evening.

A third charge of reckless endangering has been filed against the mother accused of towing her two children behind her car on a busy Springfield road............

Since her arrest, witnesses have told police Donahue was driving at speeds up to 30 mph to reach the roundabout on Jasper Road and South 42nd Street, where she made slow laps around the traffic circle before witnesses intervened.

In March 2016, she was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants after police say she admitted to smoking “four bowls” of marijuana and taking the natural sleep aid Melatonin. She pleaded guilty to the charge in May of last year and entered the Lane County Circuit Court’s diversion program. The vehicle she was driving at the time of that arrest was the same Ford Taurus from Wednesday’s incident.

Donahue also pleaded guilty to a charge of felony promoting prostitution in 2012, but the charge was dismissed after she met the conditions of a court diversion program and completed 40 hours of community service, court records show.
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• john hobdeclipe
              • Jun 2005

My Momma never dragged me and my sister down the road in a wagon. I feel so deprived.

Comment

• A.K. Boomer
                • May 2006

Originally posted by SteveF View Post

Steve
                There is a car - hitched to a plastic wagon - the car was operating on a rd with other vehicles while towing the wagon behind it with three kids inside, that's really all you need to know and as far as going off on some "unvetted witness" and taking the "moms" word over it --- I would not be too confident in that decision,,, the woman is already proven insane, you cannot claim that about said witness, bad logic...

Comment

• wombat2go
                  • May 2016

One time I went to Orlando to meet some Aussie visitors.
                  We were driving on ( I recall) I75 on a Sunday morning when a car came up an entry ramp with the driver's door open and the driver
                  was holding a living room chair with his arm around the arm of the chair, dragging it.
                  We were so astonished that we slowed down behind.
                  He went down the next exit, by which time the chair legs were worn off and the upholstery was getting chewed up.

Comment

• A.K. Boomer
                    • May 2006

That's just plain fun lol at least they kept the kids out of it,

I once hung out of the passenger window of my friends "deuce and a quarta" (buick electra 225) holding onto a K-mart shopping cart at 2 in the morning in said K-mart parking lot going 70 mph --- wheels a shimmying and smoking like mad - pushed off and let go at just the right time and wrapped that sucka half way around a light pole,,, again - no kids involved... except for of course us.

Comment

• RichR
                      • Jan 2014

I once saw one of those campers made to go onto a pickup truck tied down onto a small car, think Ford Pinto or Chevy Vega. This was on a
                      highway and the camper part was rocking like crazy. I gave that rolling disaster a wide berth.

Comment

• ikdor
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                        That's just plain fun lol at least they kept the kids out of it,

I once hung out of the passenger window of my friends "deuce and a quarta" (buick electra 225) holding onto a K-mart shopping cart at 2 in the morning in said K-mart parking lot going 70 mph --- wheels a shimmying and smoking like mad - pushed off and let go at just the right time and wrapped that sucka half way around a light pole,,, again - no kids involved... except for of course us.
                        So, the destruction of someone else's property is fun but showing your kids a good time without rubber tiles is criminal. Glad we've got that cleared up.

Comment

• dave_r
                          • Feb 2016

Way back, maybe 40 years ago or so, my mom towed my brother and I on a metal sled along some residential roads by our home. It was fun and we lived.

Comment

• A.K. Boomer
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by ikdor View Post
                            So, the destruction of someone else's property is fun but showing your kids a good time without rubber tiles is criminal. Glad we've got that cleared up.
                            Kids do stupid things - I was no different, but nobody else around and just a shopping cart not three kids lives so yeah your damn right it was different, was kinda a lesson in momentum physics and we were all eager to learn.

showing your kids a good time doesn't mean making them cry right? even the kids knew better than mom from hell...

I think what's most alarming is some of the responses like it's no big whoop, so she's "only going 30" yet still holding up traffic so good chance she gets rear ended esp. since everyone else behind her is texting on their celly, but no worries about the "property" damage right? cuz there's three little bodys back there to soak up the impact...

Lady needs to go away to a special "home"...
                            Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 07-17-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• KJ1I
                              • Jun 2013

You have to love the liberal states on the west coast. TWICE "mom" has pled (yes, pled, not the dumbed down pleaded) guilty to felonies, yet not a day in jail.
                              Kevin

More tools than sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X