Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planer Video posted

Post Planer Video posted

Hello Folks!
    Thanks to Adrian at the metalillness.com site, I have been able to post a video of my P&W planer in motion.
    planer video

Watch out it's 96mb of enjoyment!

Cheers
    Pete

Mesmerizing isn't it.

Walt
    Walt

Pete,

You should consider also making a much smaller video so people on Dial up can see it.. You should make one that's very small (Like 1-2mb) and those that want to see more will then download the bigger one. Just a thought.

-Adrian
    When in doubt, doubt your doubt.
    www.metalillness.com

I have a dial up modem. I down loaded for a week of subjective time and watched 7 seconds of it. Whatta cool machine. The spandy new belt sucks though. It needs some oil and blood on it like in old times.

Fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. Great job with all the closeups of the mechanisms for those of us who've never used (or seen) a planer in action before.

I enjoyed the video immensely.

Chad

Wow!

I can only say great video, and let you know that I am rather envious. It's quite a fine looking machine, and there are several times I could've used one just like it.

When you've got it 100% perfect and you are confident using it, please post another video of it making some serious bed springs yes, that is something I would love to see. Got broadband here, so don't worry about the file size. That file downloaded in less time than it took me to mix a cup of instant coffee

Ed

Fantastic job on everyting! Very very interesting. Can't think of many forms of mechanical advantage that arent' represented in that video!

Thanks also to Adrian for helping out, it's appreciated.

Doc, with high speed cable it toom me 14 minutes to make a cup of instant Must be Time Warner RoadRunner service is slow this morning!

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 08-25-2005).]
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

what a great looking machine - first time i've seen one runnng! thanks for making it available

shapeaholic, nice machine! Great video. Thanks for sharing. Man that thing would be fantastic to have in the shop. What a toy.
    rock
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.