Thread: Vertex?

Smile Vertex?

Does anyone know where these rotary tables (and a lot af other stuff)are made. The look to good to be asian? Are they as good as they look?

Talking

Well you are wrong. There were of Taiwanese provenience. The newer models might well be made in China for the Taiwanese Vortex.

I have the smallest one since a number of years and am very happy with it. I heard that for production their repeating is not of high accuracy, but for the work I´m doing with it I have never noticed it.

Good dividing!
    Jean-Claude

A lot of high quality stuff comes out of Poland (Bison, Narex, Famot, Andrychow, Tarnow, Poreba, Skoda, etc.). I have looked at the Vertex and it appears fairly well made for the money involved but, I am not aware of their accuracy. You might be able to score a Meca, Nikken, or Yuasa table at an auction if you are really lucky. For general use though, a good table will cost good money. The other avenue available to you is to make your own to suit your own needs - many have been featured in the pages of HSM, MW, & MEW.

Dave Smith