Thread: new workshop almost up and running

Thumbs up new workshop almost up and running

I spent the better part of my Christmas and New Years vacation running electrical connections and moving tools into the basement. I got everything moved into the mens retreat except my 10 inch Southbend lathe. I have no paved access to the basement, and I have to navigate through the backyard that slopes down and twists 180 degrees to get into the shop doors. I guess I will devise a way to move the lathe one day.

Anyway, what a great feeling to have laid out all the tools right where I want them and have them powered and ready to make wood or metal chips. Of course my first 10 projects or so will be for the shop.
    New table for the radial arm saw.
    Welding table
    Cart for the plasma cutter
    storage racks
    router table
    outfeed table for the table saw
    various jigs for the table saw
    new/better fence for the bandsaw
    coolant system and other mods for the metal bandsaw.

whew. I will be busy.

Have a great and safe 2006.

First thing on your list should be a camera then you could share the goodies with your pals Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

SHOPA$$ Guest

Love the pictures, spend many nights looking at other peoples shops on the net. Wood, metal, welding, insturment makers, airplanes, cars. etc. My shop is a total screw up, slowing been setting right 30+ months of neglect. Rust, electric, cold, hot, water. Seem to read everything I find on fixing up shops and tools. Little victories, maybe one day we actually make something.

------------------
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."