Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife's new sewing table

Smile Wife's new sewing table

Made the wife a new sewing table, gotta show off. Actually, she did the lion's share of the work. I taught her to use my lathe, and made one of the adaptors for the legs as demos. She made the other three.

The top is a Kennedy workbench top I grabbed as a closeout awhile back for cheap, and the legs are 3/4" copper water pipe, attached to the top with standard hardware-store leg mounting plates.

Had a lot of fun, turned out pretty nice for the dough involved.

We'll see how this photobucket thing works...

Walt

<Added by Michelle, my wife...>
    He deserves an award for dealing with sleep deprived, hormonally challenged wife during the process!!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DancingBear:
    Added by Michelle, my wife...>
    He deserves an award for dealing with sleep deprived, hormonally challenged wife.

Don`t all men?

Tidy work Walt and Michelle. Is that copper heavy wall? The standard household stuff we get supplied here is nearly shim.

Ken
    Ken.

Thumbs up

Mighty fine work! You better watch gettin involved in that "homework". Michelle will have you refinishing that floor too.

Hey, and I like that Pfaff sewing machine. Will it do heavy material like seat covers or canvas?

I got a Singer double needle, and a COnsew here. I have sewed about six bobbins through the consew, Mostly leather beater bags. I tried some upholstery but it was kicking my butt. I ain't saying they are my wifes thou. hehe..

I got two cars to do, so I gotta learn some more. Heck even if I just do plain ole plain ole it'll be dollars ahead.

Nice sewing machine, Embrodiery? No x.y drive thou. My lil WHite, when you put it into the embrodiery mode the traveler foot just retracts down. You have to move the hoop yourself.

My son was here, he is 18, thinks he is a a indian, got tribal papers on his mom's side. I helped him hand-stitch with the consew five or six mediciene bags. They sell them to the wanna-bes.
    Excuse me, I farted.

I'm a certified card carrying Cherokee from my mother's side. Western Nation of Arkansas & Missouri. My great grandmother was pure Cherokee--A REAL American.

My dad's side wipes out all that with German and Russian solders from the Prussian and WWI.

Walt,

Looks great!

CCW: if she was a PURE CHEROKEE she must've been a good runner.. (old joke)..

I got the best information on the Cherokee indians ever compiled. Rome Publishing did a special. Early 80s I went in there with my blue-black haired mother with her black beady eyes, I had been working and had a black eye and swollen jaw. *damn dancers.. Anyways.. I got the last two copies to be had anywhere. It is about the size of a old National Geographic, but cherokee stories from cover to cover. I think they gave us the last two just to get us out of the building. I got thier library copy.

Some of the stories will bring tears to your eyes. Did you know the indians owned all the ferrys, all the inns, and all the brothels in Georgia and most the south? WHen they got forced to Oklahoma all they were allowed to take was what they could carry. ROBBED before even out of sight of thier homes people were going through them.

I would like to copy this book onto the net, but can't get a scanner to work more than a week. I got so man I throwed the last one away. Now I got a printer-fax-scanner-copier and it is no better.

I have loaned it out twice, each time with threats of bodily harm if it didn't come back. It needs to be copied, at least to a cdrom.

If I get a scanner, or you come through again we'll find a copy machine.
    Excuse me, I farted.

IOWOLF Guest

Wink

PFAFF? Buy a Husky, Nice table though, I to hope ithe copper is thick wall I would hate to see a $3k machine on the floor in pieces.

------------------
    The tame Wolf !

Nice job! Well proportioned and your struts seem to be where they'll do the most good and still look nice. Don't worry about it holding up unless Michelle is the type of seamstress that kicks stuff around and throws it from one side of the room to the other side when the bobbin runs out! Just buy her bigger bobbins

Walt, does this mean you're going to go thru with your plans to make the heavy canvas covers for all your tools that you mentioned in the other thread?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Nice job, both of you. When I picked up my Unimat my wife commented that it was "cute". Since she is more than a little familiar with machines alarm bells started ringing in my head. There isn't room in my shop for both of us. Problem is I haved used her sewing machines from time to time to make sails and camping gear. Many years ago I also helped to sew the wing covers for my Cessna using an industrial machine at the airport shop.

Sewing is a handy skill to have. It was my grandmother that taught me to do it with the full approval of my grandfather who was an engineer.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here