Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aint it the truth!

IOWOLF Guest

Wink Aint it the truth!

AIN'T" IT THE TRUTH!!!
    Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6am. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with GAS from Saudi Arabia and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia), Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.AMERICA.....
    Keep this circulating

------------------
    The tame Wolf !

Well, I was made in America.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Overly costly menial labor in America?
    All those things probably would have cost triple or better if made here.

That's sad but true.

Just as sad is how long Joe Smith would have to look if he wanted to strictly stay with American made products assuming that money was not the big issue it is for most.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Evan, if your not joking, may I ask why you made the move to the great white north; the home of Rush and higher alcohol content beer?

Or were you just made in the US and delivered in Canada.

rock - the ever so curious - rat

[This message has been edited by rockrat (edited 02-10-2006).]
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

This has come up before. Suffice it to say that the state slogan of California used to be "The Land of Fruits and Nuts". That would clearly apply to a number of members of my family. I find that having an international border between us tends to discourage visits (they can't get in ). That suits me fine. As for myself, I'm a dual citizen and free to travel back and forth as I wish. I don't wish.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Unhappy

Boy, this thread got sidetracked rather quickly, huh? Guess I'll go back to the easy chair and stuff my face some more now. Since I'm an (unemployed) American, I must be lazy and not very good at anything else.

------------------
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
    AIN'T" IT THE TRUTH!!!
    Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6am. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). ...................................... and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.AMERICA.....
    Keep this circulating
    </font>
    All the crap made in the good old US of A is being dumped elsewhere. You must have an export driven economy Well, everyone is doing it, ain`t they ? Stuff the domestic market
    All our good produce (a general statement) is exported for premium prices? and the crap product is imported for the locals. Just had some breakfast bacon, that is imported from your part of the world, Jesus H it is awful stuff !!

Ken

Ken.

For an unemployed guy that Joe Smith guy sure has a lot of stuff

He must be holding out for a management position
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Just how does an unemployeed guy afford a car "made in Germany" and wine "made in France"?

This weekend I'll be using my Lathe (made in Poland) with it's chucks also made in Poland and QC tool post (made somewhere in Asia) with tooling (made in America) to cut more aluminum tubing (made in America) so I can press bearings (made in America) into each end and install a steel shaft (made in America). These coater rollers will go to a precision adhesives coating company that will coat release liners (made in America) with hi-tech adhesives (made in America) then laminate face stock (made in America) to then be die cut, printed, and packaged (in America) to be sold all over the world. I couldn't afford a lathe of this size that was made in america, nor chucks made in America and the startup company purchasing the rollers could not afford regular machine shop pricing. Yes I'm sure I hurt a local machine shop a little by pricing $25 less per roller (31 in total) but I still helped the steel and aluminum manufacturer's, the bearing manufacturer and the tooling manufacturer make money. I then helped the startup company make money who in turned helped all there suppliers (about 90% American) make money. None of this would have been possible without my Polish lathe or Asia QC toolpost. Did I do anything wrong? I have 3 "American" (loose term) vehicles and 2 German cars (well one is just a shell) 2 of the American cars where bought new while everything else was bought used. Anything wrong there?

As I sit here at my computer homebuilt from Asia parts I'm drinking a Gatorade (made in Canada) smoking cigarettes (made in America) I realize the technology for the computer and chemistry for the Gatorade are both from America.

When I go to work Monday I will tidy up the last bit of testing on a very special adhesive that will be coated onto American made aluminum coil stock by an American company who will sell it for TOP dollar to a German car company building cars in Canada (or so I'm told). And I will feel very good about myself.

Let's face it we live in a Global economy, either compete or lose out. The only way to win is to keep our costs down (out sourcing) and our technology ahead of the next guy.

For the record only a small percentage (under 15% I believe) of our oil comes from Saudi Arabia. We produce about a third domestically, 15-20% from Canada, Venezula and Russia contribute about another 10-15% each. I'm not real certain about those figures, Google it to be sure but I believe I'm close.

------------------
    -Christian D. Sokolowski