Thread: OT: 157 Car to go on Sale in Germany

Norman Atkinson Guest

Hi YOD!
    Glad that you got rid of your Mother in **= Motherboard. Guess it was a Lemon.

Worth a look at what a Merc is actually capable of. It will knock the whatsits out of my little 1.2 Skoda Fabia.

One of my mates has got one of these hybrid things but until somebody really proves them, best to stick with a good proven Diesel.

If Merc are fitting oilers into their flagship S Class, it shows the thinking.

My regards

Norm

Post OT: 157 Car to go on Sale in Germany

It's cheap, not exactly pretty, and kind of slow.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The $13,000 Loremo LS weighs just 992 lbs and features a two cylinder turbo-diesel engine pumping out a hardly earth shattering 20HP. The mid-engine, RWD coupe gets roughly 157 miles per gallon and has a cruising range of 807 miles. It goes 0-60 in 20 seconds and has a top speed of 99 MPH.</font>
    Wonder if it'll go on sale here in the States?

Probably save you some gas but not your life at that rate. It needs a hybrid electric moter to give it some pep.

Norman Atkinson Guest

I understand that it comes complete with packets of grass seeds for the passengers to while away the long delays at the traffic
    lights.

Just a thought from a driver that can get over 40mpg from a 2.7 litre turbo diesel engine- and 147 mph with the governor on.

N

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tuckerfan:
    It's cheap, not exactly pretty, and kind of slow.
    The $13,000 Loremo LS weighs just 992 lbs and features a two cylinder turbo-diesel engine pumping out a hardly earth shattering 20HP. The mid-engine, RWD coupe gets roughly 157 miles per gallon and has a cruising range of 807 miles. It goes 0-60 in 20 seconds and has a top speed of 99 MPH.</font>
    Wonder if it'll go on sale here in the States?
    That's the good news.

The bad news is now that the oil companys won't be selling as much gas they're going to raise prices to $60.00 a gallon. It won't cost you anymore at all to drive the same distances but you'll be paying far more per gallon! That way we can leave the oil in the ground for the Chinese who could give two $h1ts about anything.

Norm, thanks, I needed the chuckle LOL (BTW Norm, I deep sixed the old compuker and now banging one out to you on a new motherboard and processor. Old MoBo as they say must have been messed up.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

The market place determines the cost of everything. Nomatter how hard a company or government tries to control the price of something, market forces will eventually prevail. If there is an enormous profit to be made in petroleum products, it is because there is an enormous demand.
    Economics isn't about money. It is about human behavior. The only 'hard' social science.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rustybolt:
    The market place determines the cost of everything. Nomatter how hard a company or government tries to control the price of something, market forces will eventually prevail. If there is an enormous profit to be made in petroleum products, it is because there is an enormous demand.
    Economics isn't about money. It is about human behavior. The only 'hard' social science.
    </font>
    Not sure I understand what you're saying? Are you saying that because there are so many oil companys that they'll all want to sell cheap so as to make a sale that they'll be willing to run their expensive infrustracture just to supply us with fuel?

I think that the oil business is a volume business and survival at shippng one super tanker per year ain't gonna cut it for them ! Gonna be a lot of Maytag guys at the fuel depot!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

bump
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here