Thread: POR 15 Rust Paint

Post POR 15 Rust Paint

Where in Canada can you buy this paint. Thanx

bump
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Google them and send them an email or call them asking for a retail location.

I've talked with them before and they set me up with the person who handles distribution in this area. He mailed it to me directly since, at the time, there were not retailers in the are carrying it.

They're very easy to work with.

Thumbs up

www.Rustbullet.com defines two sources in Canada: Port Perry and Edmonton.

Having used both POR15 and Rust Bullet for restoring old Rustangs, the latter gets me vote. Available also from Reno, NV via mail or UPS.

G

Guido, I'm curious why you find Rustbullet to be better than POR15?
    I've used a lot of POR15 and after figuring out some of it's shortcomings I'm really happy with it.
    BTW...Just to find out...I painted a piece of metal with a slight cup shape. I've kept brake fluid in it for over two months before the paint started to soften.
    Madman...Yes, email POR and they'll send you a list of who sells it in Canada.
    Beware though...some of these guys want an arm and a leg for it.
    They sent me a list of a couple suppliers in Western Canada. They wanted $75 to $85 a litre for it.
    Just before I ordered some, a local guy started to sell it for $55 a litre.
    Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

this outfit has any all things for paint powder and removing the above. they got paint colors and finishes in spray cans that I would have never thought of being able to duplicate.

------------------
    Glen
    Been there, probally broke it doing that
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Oh, and Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator is another product that some people swear by but I've never used it. You may want to look for it as an alternative to POR-15.

YMMV.