Thread: Help with parts for Logan 8"/7" shaper

Post Help with parts for Logan 8"/7" shaper

Hi,
    I am in need of help locating parts for a Loagn 8"/7" shaper. I have talked to Scott Logan but that line has been sold long ago.

1) I am looking for the 2"-4"(?) block which connects the ram to the internal 'power' arm. The part has a clamp on the top that powers/engages the ram. If you have a spare, I am interested. If you can provide a dimensioned drawing I am interested. I have the reprint manual from Logan but would feel better with dimensions. If you know someone who can help me please let me know.

2) The threaded rod to control depth of cut of the clapper is broken off. There is only a nub. The graduated dial is also missing.

If anyone could provide me information about these parts, I would be truely grateful. Who knows I may even spring for dinner.

Thanks,
    mc_n_g
    mc_n_g@yahoo.com

Try a search on www.thomasregister.com you may be able to find a machine being dismantled or parted out.

Check eBay

Check www.lathe.co.uk Tony Griffiths might be able to assist you.

Number of fellows with Logans belong to the Yahoo shaper group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metal_Shapers/
    Someone there might be able to help.

Herb and Thrud,
    Thanks for replying. Herb I belong to several other groups and thought I checked with the shaper group quite a ways back. I do not remember. I will try again.
    Thrud, I went through his site but could not find anything. I will try him with an email to see if he knows anything.
    Thanks for your replies.
    mc_n_g