Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone from Cleveland area?

Hello Panhead,

I posted back to my Clevelander post. I'm located up by Steelyard commons in Cleveland Ohio.

If anyone from cleveland knows of the club or just wants to get together let me know: I was a memeber of the Toronto Society of Model Engineers for a number of years and really enjoyed the club. Lots of interesting members.

You can drop me an email at: lexicon_1@hotmail.com Please put model engineer in the subject line so I will open the email. Unknown emails usually go unopened.

Hello Dave S,

Yep, a bit of a surprise there aren't a lot more folks in the greater Cleveland area.

I'm in Chardon, about 30 miles ESE, unfortunately everyone knows about it now from the news the last few days - terrible tragedy with those young lives snuffed out and destroyed.

All the best,
    Mike

Default Dredging Up People

Hi Mike,

You know how we model engineers are...if you can't find it make it.

I started snooping around work and found: one closet clock maker, one old fart with a lathe in his basement that he needs to put back together, one guy who builds "G" gauge trains, another old fart who likes to work with mechanical stuff and wood, and a latest addition who's a mechanical engineer. Can't find a club make one?

Default Man am I jealous....

I post for people in the Cleveland area and I hear crickets chirping...Dave....well the world opens to him

Thirty miles isn't too far these days....I commuted that to work every day. I think we should start thinking about getting together if we can't find the existing (?) club. BTW...in regard to the existing club I'm going to see if I can't make a connection through one of the magazines.

By the lack of feedback from my posts I have to guess that either the members are not computer literate or the club may have ceased to exist.

Allan in Cleveland

Isn't Snake Pliskin from Cleveland or maybe he just spent time there.

Cool

I am in Salem about 55 miles down Rt 14. I like shooting too...Bob
    Bob Wright
    Salem, Oh Birthplace of The Silver & Deming Drill

Default In Cleveland: "Best location in the nation"

To all it concerns: I'm in Cleveland

New job[welding instructor] and a shoulder problem, has been really draining my home machinist energy and the time it takes to do anything "right"or post about it much.
    Hope to get "energized, organized, and re-vitalized" and post more.
    Last edited by Fonzy4140; 04-08-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    1969 Logan model 1875 "powermatic" 10" Lathe 1996 HF 2 HP Mill/Drill & all the tooling,tools, and dust 35 years accumulates!

SEE MY INFORMATIVE VIDEOS AT http://www.youtube.com/user/alpho52