Thread: chambering

Question chambering

I am a "newbie" to this forum but have strong interest in rifle chabering and threading.. I will appreciate any and all pushes in the right direction. Many thanks, Overbore

I started by buying several of Steve Ackers VCR tapes from Village press. I went to Trinidad Vocational College at Trinidad CO. They have week long sessions in the summer. There are others schools that have the same type thing. I next purchased American Gunsmith Institute videos. These are all good ways of getting started. The text book at Trinidad is by Hynnant this may not be spelled correctly. This is the best book avaliable on barrel fitting and chambering.It is avaliable from Brownells. My machine shop skills were very basic and this is what got me going. If your machine shop skills are good then a review of headspacing is in order and then have at it. If you are not completely confident then you should get another gunsmith to check your work or give you some guidenance before you proof test your first chambering job.
    Byron Boucher
    Burnet, TX

Thumbs up

Sir;

Exactly what I am looking for. Many thanks and well done. Cordially, Overbore