Good afternoon everyone. This is my first time posting on this web site, as I just discovered it exists. I somehow thought I was the only one with intrests in machinery, turning metal, and such. It all began in the Navy. While stationed in Adak, Alaska about ten years ago, I used to sneak into the machine shop and play around on an old lathe, until I got caught. Afterwards as a punishment, they made me clean the shop, and wipe down all the machines. It only made my intrests grow. Fastforward to the present. I was now a factory worker for Energizer making batteries, and again , I rediscovered machining. About this time last year several company machinists retired and opened positions in the machine shop. I immediately applied, and was tranferred into the shop. The company requires all trainees to attend two years at the local community college for machining technology or industrial maintenance. I belive I have found my calling. I dont know of too many people who enjoy going to work every day. Is it wrong to enjoy the frustration and agony of making parts , or complex jigs, or holding tight tolerances? Am I the only one? Maybe there is something wrong with me. Have a good day...