Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owner's manuals for Craftsman lathe, drill press

Post Owner's manuals for Craftsman lathe, drill press

Help!

As I mentioned in a previous post ('Newbie needs advice!') posted on May 28th of this year, I bought a Sears Craftsman lathe and drill press. I got a lot of good advice on cleaning them (a bucket of WD-40 and some disposable paint brushes), and one guy sent me a copy of the owner's manual for his Craftsman lathe.

Unfortunately, it's not the manual for my lathe. Based on what I know of Sears' numbering convention, I suspect my lathe is quite a bit older than his:

Sears Craftsman metal lathes;

Mine; 101-07403

His; 101-28990

In addition, his lathe has a quick-change gear box, which mine does not.

I'm new at this, but I think my lathe measures 12" x 36".

So, does anybody have a copy of the owner's manual, or any other documentation, for a Sears Craftsman lathe, #101-07403?

How about one for a Sears Craftsman drill press, model 103-23130. This is a big bench-top model, made by King-Seeley.

If you can help me out on either of theese manuals, please reply to the e-mail address, and I'll be happy to pay duplicating and mailing costs.

------------------
    Thnaks;

Steve
    Thanks;

Steve

This may be old advice, but did you try www.lathes.co.uk ? They have all kinds of manuals.

I have complete set of documentation on the Craftsman/Atlas No. 101.07403 12" lathe.
    Contact me at kcoburn@hiwaay.net for details.

Ken

------------------
    Ken coburn
    Ken coburn

captainrew Guest

Default craftsman lathe

I just bought a craftsman lathe modle 101.07403 I'm looking for a Operating & Parts Manual or any other information you may have.
    Thanks Ron,

Check with the Logan web-site. Logan manufactured a whole bunch of lathes for Sears under the Craftsman name.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

You're thinking Wards, that was Logan's catalog outlet (labeled as Power King). Sears was Atlas.

Joe
    "I am not academically qualified. I am what I call QBE - thatís my degree - Qualified By Experience."

Rupert Neve, Audio Technology Magazine Issue 1, March 1998

Not sure if it is the same, but I have some of the old craftsman drill press manuals on my web page. They do not match my drill press part number, but are very very close.

www.wentztech.com/metalworking

Dale

The Ozarkwoodworker.com has manuals for jut about everything! I just picked one up for a 1929 SB 13" It is an excellent copy that came from the original manafacturer.I would buy from them again,no affiliation.
    JND

Check out this group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlas_craftsman/

Sign up and look under "files" and "links" there are probably 2 dozen owners manuals and parts diagrams. Most likely something will be close to yours as many of these lathes models and years used the same bunch of parts.
    regards

3t

Kind of surprises me that no one thought to mention getting a manual from Clausing, who merged with Atlas (maker of teh Craftsman lathes) years ago.

Last I heard they were selling 100+ page manuals for the 10/12" Craftsman lathes for $20 plus shipping. They may still be supplying manuals for the 6" lathes too.

Mike
    Mike Henry near Chicago