Thread: LATHE

Post LATHE

A FRIEND OF MINE HAS PURCHASED A LATHE WITH A NAME PLATE STATING MONGOMERY WARD WITH NO OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATIONAS TO MODEL NUMBERS. AT A GLANCE IT LOOKS LIKE A SOUTH BEND 10K, WITH THE RAISED "V" AND FLAT WAYS, 10" SWING AND 24" BETWEEN CENTERS. IN A PHONE CALL TO SOUTH BEND I WAS INFORMED THAT THEY NEVER MADE ANY LATHES FOR MONTGOMERY WARD. WOULD ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON LATHES MADE FOR MONTGOMERY WARD. THIS LATHE DOES NOT HAVE QUICK CHANGE AND REQUIRES ALL THE GEARS FOR THREADING AND LEAD SCREW SPEED. CAN SOMEONE SEND ME THE I.D. AND O.D. OF THE GEAR BUSHINGS FOR THE SOUTH BEND. IS THE GEAR TRAIN FOR THE 9K AND 10K THE SAME. WOULD ALSO LIKE THE GEARING CHART FOR THE SOUTH BEND. ALSO AN OWNERS MANUAL FOR THE 10K.
    MANY THANKS
    RICHARD STOLL

Probably a Logan lathe.
    Look up Logan Actuator on the web.
    Had one marked Power Craft years ago.
    Metal

There was a Wards/Logan on ebay yesterday. You might be able to compare it to the ebay pictures. Mike

Wink

Richard
    It is a little easier to read your questions and replies if you do not use all capital letters - just a suggestion.

You could check www.lathes.co.uk for information on your machine - Tony can probably help you out.

Dave

ur lathe was made by Logan ...should be serial# on rt end of top of bed on the front flat ...Bill Fill has a pile of logan gears & is a fine gentleman to do business with( have to look up email adddress) ..logan has a site w/ information on wards/logan lathes ....gears are 16 pitch , THINK the 9/10 south bend are 18 pitch ...could very well be wrong.....
    best wishes
    docn8as
    docn8as

Easiest macine in the world to find info on.

It is a Logan, and Logan has an excellent web site. They also have parts.

Easy URL to remember.

http://www.lathe.com/

Serial number lists, etc, lots of info here.