Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlas milling attachment

Question Atlas milling attachment

I have a small Atlas lathe with a 6" swing and want to get a milling attachment to fit it. Palmgren 150 is no longer made. Is there anything else I can do.

Hello,
    Buy newest Projects In Metal! Borders has it on the shelf. Next, Sobel [surplus](long time advertiser, good service.) Or, Metal Lathe Accessories Long Time advertiser with outstanding castings.
    Good Luck
    To know by reading is different than knowing by doing. OR:
    What you have going into a situation is knowlege..What you have coming out of that situation (providing you survive!) is wisdom.

Hello,
    Buy newest Projects In Metal! Borders has it on the shelf. Next, Sobel [surplus](long time advertiser, good service.)
    Or, Metal Lathe Accessories Long Time advertiser with outstanding castings
    Good Luck
    toff
    Ooops "Machinist's Workshop" slow brainitis!
    To know by reading is different than knowing by doing. OR:
    What you have going into a situation is knowlege..What you have coming out of that situation (providing you survive!) is wisdom.

Smile

Some time ago I owned an Atlas 6 in. lathe and also needed the vertical mill attachment. The Clausing Corp catalog. # for this was M6-500.
    I purchased one used from Sobel, N.J. who advertisd in H.S.M. It only needed cleaning and adjusting. Try to find one with the vise.

The Brownell's catalog has listings for two milling attachments, one larger than the other. They seem generic. I don't know a thing about the things, but you could call and ask at 641.623.4000. They're in Iowa and deal in gunsmith tools, supplies, and parts.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gunshot:
    I have a small Atlas lathe with a 6" swing and want to get a milling attachment to fit it. Palmgren 150 is no longer made. Is there anything else I can do.</font>
    I have seen milling att. for your lathe on
    Ebay. Look under "Atlas". It seems there is
    one on there every 2 or 3 weeks.

try plaza machinery, bethel vt he advertisesin HSM
    gvasale

Projects in Metal, Is this a Mag? who publishes please, can't seem to locate using search engines.
    Rgds
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by toff:
    Hello,
    Buy newest Projects In Metal! Borders has it on the shelf. Next, Sobel [surplus](long time advertiser, good service.)
    Or, Metal Lathe Accessories Long Time advertiser with outstanding castings
    Good Luck
    toff
    Ooops "Machinist's Workshop" slow brainitis!
    </font>

"Projects in Metal" no longer exists. The same publication is now called "Machinist's Workshop."

Hi there,
    I had one of those Palgrem milling attachments for the Atlas 6". I think I still have the castings. I'll look...
    interested in Di-Acro equipment, classic jukeboxes, 1967 T-Bird, oscilloscopes, locksmithing
    johncranor@aol.com