Thread: sebastian lathe

Post sebastian lathe

Hi:
    I need some help in finding some literature on Sebastian lathes. I could not find a model number, nor size designation. It looked like approx. 12x40. Does anyone have info on the history of the company? Thanks for any help> Joe

------------------

go check www.lathes.co.uk

There is info on a lot of different manufacturers there. Sebastian was listed with some history, if I remember right, and info on models.

Some sections are not available all the time, I think the "S" section comes up later in the week. He is getting too much traffic and his ISP is kicking up a fuss, so he rations it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Oso:
    go check www.lathes.co.uk

There is info on a lot of different manufacturers there. Sebastian was listed with some history, if I remember right, and info on models.

Some sections are not available all the time, I think the "S" section comes up later in the week. He is getting too much traffic and his ISP is kicking up a fuss, so he rations it.
    </font>
    Thank you Oso, Joe

If your Sebastian lathe is the gearhead drive model I have some literature and a parts manual that I could copy any specific info that you need. Sebastian was made in Cincinatti from about 1905 thru about 1960 when they sold to Sheldon and Sheldon made the Sebastian Sheldon for a few years using the Sebastian gearhead and the Sheldon Saddle. Sebastian uses 2 1/8x8thd spindle with #4 1/2 morse taper hole which is a little out of standard. D.C. Morrison of Covington, Ky. has some parts.

------------------