Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Thrud for real?

Post Is Thrud for real?

I'd like to see his resume! What hasn't he done or made? He knows welding, computers, photography, machining, human nature, etc. Very interesting to read his posts but I wonder if this can really be just one guy! Maybe we are all being dazzled by some Canadian University Science Club posing as a semi-retired machinist with a terrible cook for a sister

I think he is real, but is probably about 357 years old.
    Has to be to have done all that.
    Jim H.

I don't think anyone here has ever seen him in person--but I think that Alistair has claimed to have spoken to him in person. However, he could be involved in the illusion and may be helping pull one over on us!

Actually he's the original Univac computer. They didn't retire it to the Smithsonian, that's just a mock-up. It got smart and now sits in a secret lab working on strategies against the PC-politically correct movement.

Of course I'm going by size and power consumption.

Nope, nothing real about Sadlo Thrud. (aka Dave) In fact, his name is an accronym; backwards for Old as Durht. That's Canadian. Eh?
    I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

Mike

That's "semi-retarded" to you mister!

My Doctors (all 13 of them) will not let me work anymore. When you have worked 60-90 hrs a week since you were 12, it is hard to go cold turkey. I never bothered taking vacations until Comdex 1999. Now I am going stir crazy - I know how caged wolverines feel now!

I should get a hobby...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrud:
    - I know how caged wolverines feel now!

</font>
    HORNEY?

Cool

MikeM,
    I know that you would find out eventually, so I might as well tell you now. Thrud is a Simulant. He was dropped here by an advanced extraterestrial race that wanted to ensure that we developed our technology in a mechanically proper way. This race knew that there are very many wrong trails and wrong methods, and they wanted us to move forward without those costly mistakes. These same extraterrestrials saw that he was spending way too much time seeking his own economic pursuits so they sent 13 Doctors to restrict his physical activities, and to give him more time to help his fellow machinists. This was his true calling and what he was designed for. Don't foul it up with any really stupid questions. At some point he may overload. So far he is within his design parameters.
    They wanted to drop him in America but a freak North wind took him into Canada. Too bad for us.
    Spence

[This message has been edited by SJorgensen (edited 05-02-2003).]

Talking

Sooo..that explains crop circles!
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Dave
    I have not gotten horny over caged Wolverines since I went numb from the waist down. It is ironic that Dad used to call me "Numb-Nuts" - I never knew he was Psychic!

I meant "grumpy" like a caged Wolverine.

WS

Crop circles are from the festivities at "Blue Flame" parties.