Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another New Machine

Thanks for the tips on getting the ball oiler body out. I've definately got to stop thinking inside the box!

Mike, the manual is own it's way.

------------------
    John B
    John B

Weird, they were good friends before this, but they have now been elevated to the status of super good friends! I'm still overwhelmed by my good fortune!

------------------
    John B
    John B

OK, now what? I tried the cut a slot in the shoulder of the ball oiler body for removal. Went very nicely. that is until I put pressure to the slot with a screw driver. Now, what I have is no shoulder and oiler body still in the threads. any suggestions at this point would prevent me from going completely round the bend. OK guys, you can stop laughing now, I really need some help!

------------------
    John B
    John B

Last time I had to remove one, an easy out lived up to it's name (for the first time).

jr45acp

If all else fails you can use a dremel tool & small rotary file burr. Grind from the inside out until you get as close as possible to the threads then do it again directly opposite to the first grind area. You will basically split the oiler in two with the space created by the burr you can now collapse the oiler with a chisle & pull it out with some needle nose pliers or scribe.

[This message has been edited by rangerod (edited 11-12-2003).]
    Rangerod