Thread: Bridgeport digital readouts

Post Bridgeport digital readouts

Recently bought a used Bridgeport, J head mill.
    Along with mill was a box of glass scales and read head with Bridgeport name on them.
    Also small metal box that looks like a power supply?
    No litature, very basic instructions on cover of read head.
    Anybody got idea where to find more info?
    Russ H

If you find out ,post something here. I have one too, but no scales. Is access to the connectors for the scales on the bottom of the digital readout? If so it's the same as mine. I don't have a separate power supply, mine just plugs into any handy 110 outlet.

http://www.hardinge.com now is the sole maker and source for replacement parts and genuine new Bridgeport knee mills - MADE in NY state better than before.

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 03-18-2004).]

Those units are very old and obsolete.

Unfortunately, parts are no longer available even for repair of these units.

There use to be a gentleman off the East coast that repaired them a few years back, however, the last I heard he no longer was able to find parts to repair these.

Dee

Thanks to all for the help.

Talked to someone from Hardinge thie morning, they said pretty much same thing.
    Scales, etc were made by Bausch and Lomb.
    There is a place in Detroit area that may have info, have'nt got ahold of them yet.
    Will probably make an offer, free to good home. That is how I got them.

Again, Thanks to all.
    Russ

Penn tool has the Mititoyo two axis mill DRO'S on sale any size for $795.00,does mm/in,bolt circles,tool offsets,etc. really nice units with mag. scales not glass coolant proof too.No affiliation with them just a good deal.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

To All:
    Bausch and Lomb is now Accurite. We had a scale or readout go bad on one of the machines at work.Chased B&L and it turned out to be Accurite.If it is very old it will likely be obsolete.
    Bill