Thread: Air Compressor - what's it worth?

Post Air Compressor - what's it worth?

Looking for a little help - know nothing about tools...I got stuck with an air compressor someone abandoned in my garage - it's an older (80's?) Cratfsman sprayer/compressor. 1HP, 12 gal, 100 psi, and I want to get rid of it, but I have no idea how much money to ask - all the one on sites like ebay are newer models. Is it worth anything?
    Thanks
    Lori

Just like anything else, it is only worth something to someone whom wants it. If it cost you nothing, anything you get for it is better than what you gave for it. Find out what a new compressor of the same make and size costs, figure an asking price from there.
    Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

I agree with ERBenoit. If you didn't pay anything for it, and you don't want it, why not pass it on to someone who does? Does it matter so much if you were to sell it for $40 when you maybe could've gotten $100, keeping in mind that it cost you nothing to begin with?

Personally, If it was me, I'd find someone who could use it, and give it to them. If not, I'd charge what it cost me to advertise it in the local paper. Sometimes,"profit" comes in the form of making someone's day.

Chad

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by webbch:
    I agree with ERBenoit. If you didn't pay anything for it, and you don't want it, why not pass it on to someone who does? Does it matter so much if you were to sell it for $40 when you maybe could've gotten $100, keeping in mind that it cost you nothing to begin with?

Personally, If it was me, I'd find someone who could use it, and give it to them. If not, I'd charge what it cost me to advertise it in the local paper. Sometimes,"profit" comes in the form of making someone's day.

Chad
    </font>

thanks, both of you, good idea ro find someone who needs it.
    thanks
    lori