Thread: Semi-OT: I will never be a machinist!

Smile Semi-OT: I will never be a machinist!

This is in a sick sort of way a very good thing for me!

After years of informal machinist training, years of shade tree maintance/mechanic experiance, a "failed" apprenticeship as a patternmaker, a little bit of formal college level education (Mechanical Engineering), years in a union non-metalworking related industry, part time work selling tools and machinery, dead end work in cabinet shops; I have a non-military "career field" to occupy my time for a few years.

So all you hard working USA taxpayers, keep on working, because my family is depending on you to pay my wages, my military (reserve) retirement, and my "new" civilian retirement, and finally my Social Security.

Thanks in advance,
    TECHSHOP
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

IOWOLF Guest

Sounds like either you never finish what you started, or easily distracted, or just a whiner who wants to live off others hard earned money.

Thumbs up

Congrats on your retirement. You may be a machinist yet, now you will have more time to practice.
    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison