Thread: Grizzly-Discounts or Free Shipping Offers?

Default Grizzly-Discounts or Free Shipping Offers?

I am about to buy several items from grizzly totaling a few hundred $, and I want to make sure I get the best deal I can get. I do not see any special offers on their web site, nor do I seem to hear you guys talk about them very often. But I am wondering, do they have any sale or discount policies that I should know about before ordering?

Thank you
    Ed

They occasionally have discounts on the discontinued item which will show up on the web site and they have tent sales at the store locations where they sell "scratched and dented" items at a discount. Other than that I am not aware of any discount like some of the other tool vendor offer.

Joe

They usually have a "summer sale" that is reflected in a flyer and in their web pricing. May or June rings a bell as the start of the sale. Mostly machines, some smaller stuff. By virtue of the fact that you said several hundred dollars, I am guessing you were not talking about a machine

Paul
    Paul Carpenter
    Mapleton, IL

Here's a link for the Grizzly Tent sale schedule for 2006. I think the one for Bellingham is on May 13, I not sure about the other locations. But info is in the link.

http://www.grizzly.com/tentsale/tentsales.aspx
    I cut it twice, and it's still too short!
    Scott

You may not want to wait that long but Xmas typically results in reduced shipping and prices for selected machines (typically about 10%) but I don't recall reduced shipping prices for small items. That is ENCO's stick.
    Steve
    Steve

Grizzly prices it stuff very competatively, and does not discount price, they usually have sale fliers twice a year, and the Tent sale once a year (different times for each location). The prices at the tent sale are not a great bargin in dollars, if the machine is anywhere near operational condition. (there is a very good reason that the price is reduced, like cracked casting, or missing many parts). If you are not there early, there will not be much left to chose from. The items may be RTV, shipping damage, or discontinued.

The Web site section for discontinued tools does have some realy good values, if you are the lucky one.

Shipping damage has been a issue with some Grizzly tools, but that is not "really" Grizzly's fault. But I would check over everything, before "signing off" to a deliveryman. Grizzly has in the past made outstanding efforts to correct problems. I have only purchased "large" stuff on site and used my own truck to transport. I use shipping only for the "small/light" stuff between my truck runs.

The big advantage of Grizzly is more the service after the sale, then a stricly "lowest price" approach to sales.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

If you register on line you will receive sales by e-mail, not often and not on the big ticket items for sure. The Owner/Founder of Grizzly is a woodworker and appearantly has a prize CNC machining center (so I would guess he does some metalworking too) anyway if you take the time to poke around the Grizzly site you will see his work and collections. He did post now and then to a woodworking site I use to frequent - never any mention of discounts even when it was hinted at. Many Grizzly owners on that forum and another WW forum went on at length about the excellent customer service. I have no personal experience to back that up. I was impressed by others comments to the point that when a friend was recently looking to buy a mill and a lathe I suggested he give Grizzly a try. He did call Grizzly with his list of machines and tooling. His comment to me was "no discount and S&H was a killer". A week later he bought a mill and lathe here in Michigan. A good bunch of his tooling, another smaller metal lathe, Hor. & Vert. bandsaws, benches & tool boxes, pedistal grinders etc., etc. he purchased from Wholesale Tool in Warren, Mi. - a couple of truck and trailer loads for a new shop.