Thread: Using my Clausing Taper attachment.

Default Using my Clausing Taper attachment.

Guys, my lathe has a taper attachment, and Im not sure if I have figured out how to use it yet. I have taken the lathe almost completely apart to clean and oil it and noticed the bottom of the cross slide has a slot along its length that the cross slide feedscrew nut sets in. Now if I want to use the taper attachment do I remove the bolt on top of the cross slide that holds the feedscrew nut and let the cross slide ride back and forth as I turn the taper. This is the only way I can see to use the attachment. One more thing, do any of you have a picture of the rod and clamp set up that holds the taper attachment still while the carriage moves back and forth. I have the manual for the lathe and the page that shows these parts shows a cam that looks to set in the bracket thats bolted to the lathe bed. If any of that makes sense, I dont explain things well. Thanks for any help.

John

IOWOLF Guest

If you don't have a slider on your crossfeed screw then you must disconnect the crossfeed nut,(usually a screw in top of crossfeed).I hope this helps.

Default Clausing Taper Attachment

I have a Clausing Lathe, 1300, that came with a Taper Attachment, it has 2 bolts on each side and one to move the Attachment to what angle you want.

Thats exactly what I was looking for IOWOLF. I can tell that the bolt has been taken out a few times. Make sense that the bottom of the cross slide is slotted. Thanks guys.