Thread: Help with learning

Default Help with learning

I live in the Dallas, Plano TX. area and would like to know if there is anybody in this area that could teach me how to use a lathe and a mill? I have no equipment yet, but am very interested in learning. So if any body could help I greatly appriciate it. Please e-mail me at charlie069@verizon.net

Welcome!
    I am only a few miles North of you - will shoot you an email.

Double post

This post is to work around the date stamp problem and will throw the post off the top of the list.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

There is a club in the Dallas area. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NTMAC/
    Jim, By the river enjoying life...

Welcome to the zoo!

I'm not too far away from you...just outside of Farmersville. I'll gladly pass on all of my vast wealth of knowledge, if you can spare about 2-1/2 minutes.

Actually, I've only recently bought a lathe, and I'm enjoying using it and learning how to use it. And I've learned a lot from this forum.

Just a little heads up for all of you guys in this general area, if you haven't already found this place, check out CDC Surplus. in Richardson on Beltline between Central and Plano Rd. They deal in industrial surplus and usually have a great selection of tooling, drills, reamers, abrasives, etc at good prices. Usual discaimers here; I'm not connected with the business in any way other than as a satisfied customer.

I have gotten some great deals from CDC, wish there were more places like it around here.
    I am just west of you on the other side of Princeton, John.

I am willing to learn from anybody and everybody who has any knowledge to pass along. I sure could use the help in any way. I have several projects i would like to start and would like to know some stuff before I start buying machines so I know what to start with. Like I said before any help would be greatly appriciated. I live out in Wylie so I'm pretty close to both of you.