Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammers?

Millman Guest

Thumbs up Hammers?

The answer is......get a bigger F...ing Hammer. This thought is no reason to start another thread...but I thought;;;why not? I think I had another strokeeee. Times are GOOD! Things have a way of working themselves out. Now..how maby hammers does it take to tame a shrew?? Ball peins are nice.

Almack Guest

Hammers?? Could there possibly be anything more boring in life the ball-pein hammers?
    This is the time to park your hinny on a coffee bar terrace and ogle the young chicks.

Millman Guest

Wink

yA KNOW, i FORGET ABOUT THAT poop SOMETIMES, THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. nOW, WHAT DID YOU SAY?

I just came in from using a BFH. Well actually, it was a BF Mallet. I just installed a Bison chuck on a newly cut backing plate. It needed a little "adjusting" and persuasion but it's dead on!

Pass the Scotch! The moon is bright and the chicks are swimming naked! No wait, that's the dang chickens. Pass the Scotch anyway.

tattoomike68 Guest

At work there is a 6" piece of 3.9375 6" long with about a 4' pipe welded to it for a handle. She works great on stubborn projects. you need to be a brute to run it though.

I made a hammer out of some bronze shaft-
    I think it is about 1 1/4 shaft kind of looks like an old caulking
    hammer in that the head is extra long .

I milled a slot in the shaft and fixed a handle on.
    I would have to taper the slot next time as the handle works loose.

this hammer is great for dissasembling things that you dont want to mar to badly.

at the other extreme ifound an old bronze 1860 ish T shaped thingy,about 4 inches by 4 inches,and about 1/2 thick it has a square hole broached in thebottom of the " handle" which works for the sb9 lathe,
    the top part makes a nice little hammer for tapping things in the lathe.

i mean to cast a couple more up one day.

as far as steel goes , its nice to scrounge up differant old heads and mount them on differant length handles when you start duplicating them.
    not that it matters because as soon as i get 2 of anyting the nicer one gets lost.

I started using locust for handles .

Smile

All tools are hammers except screwdrivers and they are chisles.

"Never use your hands as hammers nor your surface plate as an anvil."

I read that somewhere and just had to throw it in. I recently misplaced my favorite General Motors Adjustment Tool (e.g. ball peen hammer) and hadn't realized how stressful that could be. Finally went out and bought a brand new one and felt much better for the therapy.

Just finished taking a Blacksmithing course. Now those people know hammers! It taught me a nice trick or two in my appreciation of said instruments. Some of the "grad students" spent most of the semester building a treadle hammer. Woof! Even greater degrees of mayhem are now possible with that bad boy.

Best,

BW

All tools are hammers except screwdrivers and they are chisles
    we are considerably posher than you ,we then use chisels as screwdrivers
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

All tools are hammers except screwdrivers and they are chisles
    we are considerably posher than you ,over here we use chisels as screwdrivers
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease