Thread: Bison Rotary Table

Default Bison Rotary Table

In the Sept. Oct. issue of HSM on page 22, Bison has an ad for a 6" Rotary Table. Since it's new to market I am looking for any feed back from those brave enough to lay down $550 for one. I need one that size and like my Bison 3 jaw on my Sharpe 13-40. But a little nudge from a happy new user of this tool would be good.
    Thanks Guys Jim Hopkins
    James Hopkins

GunGrabbin' Republik o' Kalifornia USA

I can't speak for the NEW Bison Rotary Table, but I own a BISON super spacer. It is very well built, solid, accurate and repeatable. I also have numerous Bison chucks that are top notch considering their price compared to a Japanese or USA made.

I Have Got A 6 1/4 Bison Chuck That I Have Used A Lot And It Is Excellent. I Bet Their Rotary Table Is Good Too. About 5 Years Ago I Bought A 6” Rotary Table - Made In Taiwan . I Was Getting Tiered Of Manhandling The My 10 Inch One . I Made A Tail Stock And Mounted A Three Jaw Chuck For The 6 “ Vertex And Have Used It For Cutting Gears And Splines. And Have Used It For Contour And Many Odd Projects . It Has Worked Perfectly And Cost Only About $200. Richar

Everything of Bison that I've seen has been good value for the money. A friend bought one of their rotary tables several years ago -- an 8", I think -- and it was very good.
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Near DC

I've got their D1-4 5C collet chuck and it it's avery nice tool indeed. It had no runout measured in the tapered bore with a test indicator.

I always look at all their products at the New England Brass & Tool display at the Cabin Fever Expo every year, and it's all really well made looking stuff.

Seem to be pretty competitive on price and they're the "little guys" so I'll give them a nod. I must confess though, that I got mine when it was on sale in Enco Hot Deals with free freight.

I think their stuff will be good but is it better than the vertex which offers very good value it seems for the money.Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Keystone State

I can't speak for the new Bison 6" Rotary Table, but every Bison product that I have seen, used, or owned are nice. I haven't heard of any others locally (hobby/light work) regretting their "investments" in Bison tooling. Perhaps not as grand as the ol'merican stuff once was, but it is a few giant steps above the "Chinese cheapies". I would "risk" the purchase from a reputable vendor.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

shreveport La

Wink bison is good tools

Bison makes real good stuff. Not Cushmam , or Buck But very good tools for the money You cant go wrong.

On the Oil Coast,USA

At work I have 12 & 16" steel body Bison chucks,two pipe centers #3 & #6mt and a few live centers,the chucks repeat and replacement wear parts are readily availible.

I also have had TOS chucks and centers that cost almost as much,they suck IMHO.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Default Thanks

Thanks to all who offered input on Bison tools. I will place the order for that Turntable Tues.
    Best wishes, Jim Hopkins
    James Hopkins