Thread: Bison Rotary Table

Default Bison Rotary Table

In the Sept. Oct. issue of HSM on page 22, Bison has an ad for a 6" Rotary Table. Since it's new to market I am looking for any feed back from those brave enough to lay down $550 for one. I need one that size and like my Bison 3 jaw on my Sharpe 13-40. But a little nudge from a happy new user of this tool would be good.
    Thanks Guys Jim Hopkins
    James Hopkins

I can't speak for the NEW Bison Rotary Table, but I own a BISON super spacer. It is very well built, solid, accurate and repeatable. I also have numerous Bison chucks that are top notch considering their price compared to a Japanese or USA made.

I Have Got A 6 1/4 Bison Chuck That I Have Used A Lot And It Is Excellent. I Bet Their Rotary Table Is Good Too. About 5 Years Ago I Bought A 6” Rotary Table - Made In Taiwan . I Was Getting Tiered Of Manhandling The My 10 Inch One . I Made A Tail Stock And Mounted A Three Jaw Chuck For The 6 “ Vertex And Have Used It For Cutting Gears And Splines. And Have Used It For Contour And Many Odd Projects . It Has Worked Perfectly And Cost Only About $200. Richar

Everything of Bison that I've seen has been good value for the money. A friend bought one of their rotary tables several years ago -- an 8", I think -- and it was very good.
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

I've got their D1-4 5C collet chuck and it it's avery nice tool indeed. It had no runout measured in the tapered bore with a test indicator.

I always look at all their products at the New England Brass & Tool display at the Cabin Fever Expo every year, and it's all really well made looking stuff.

http://www.brassandtool.com/

Seem to be pretty competitive on price and they're the "little guys" so I'll give them a nod. I must confess though, that I got mine when it was on sale in Enco Hot Deals with free freight.

I think their stuff will be good but is it better than the vertex which offers very good value it seems for the money.Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

I can't speak for the new Bison 6" Rotary Table, but every Bison product that I have seen, used, or owned are nice. I haven't heard of any others locally (hobby/light work) regretting their "investments" in Bison tooling. Perhaps not as grand as the ol'merican stuff once was, but it is a few giant steps above the "Chinese cheapies". I would "risk" the purchase from a reputable vendor.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Wink bison is good tools

Bison makes real good stuff. Not Cushmam , or Buck But very good tools for the money You cant go wrong.

At work I have 12 & 16" steel body Bison chucks,two pipe centers #3 & #6mt and a few live centers,the chucks repeat and replacement wear parts are readily availible.

I also have had TOS chucks and centers that cost almost as much,they suck IMHO.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Default Thanks

Thanks to all who offered input on Bison tools. I will place the order for that Turntable Tues.
    Best wishes, Jim Hopkins
    James Hopkins